Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: link to photos I took yesterday afternoon at David Blaine's Vertigo

[url=http://prosoundnews.com/~mfpsn/aesdaily/blaine/]These[/url] are just a bunch of random shots I took with a digital camera yesterday afternoon at the David Blaine Vertigo spectacle. I've optimized them so they should take long to download. Many crowd & stage shots, as well as some kind of distant shots of Blaine...just thought I'd share...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More like 35 hours...jumped into a stack of cardboard boxes...you should check out some of his tricks...levitating, bending a quarter, great card tricks, swallowing a snake and having it come out of a backpack of someone in the crowd, having someone's watch all of a sudden appear inside the window of closed jewlery store...great stuff!!

I do get the point of his accomplishment - it still doesn't sound like compelling TV, IMHO. "Well, we're into hour 14 now,and he's still standing there. It must be hard not to move. His legs must be really sore at this point. The amount stamina that this takes is phenomenal. I'll bet he'd like to sit down..."

[quote]Originally posted by alphajerk: [b]yeah, standing on a 2' platform 10 stories up in the air is a little more than "nothing" i missed the show in tv last night... saw a better show in town [clutch] is it on tonight? when does he jump?[/b][/quote]Nope he did it last night...pretty cool stuff...

his endurance stunts just don't do it for me (vertigo, ice, buried alive), but i'm sure in the next few years he'll do something INCREDIBLE that'll shock the world. he sees himself as a modern-day houdini, and i guess he is. his sleight-of-hand blows me away. some cool creative card tricks, but that's all about planting a card in someone's back pocket, then forcing the card. it still gets me, though. last night he did one where this guy crushed an empty beer can. blaine took the can, unsquished it, put the tab back, and made it a full, unopened beer. whooooooaaaaaa! most tv magic involves audience members that are in on the trick, and carefully planned camera angles. if blaine is doing that, he picks people who are BRILLIANT actors- they are shocked into a loss of words that is un-fakeable, IMO. david blaine is possibly the devil.

Yeah, Blaine's stuff is pretty cool. I prefer the real magic stuff (slight of hand, card tricks, full beer) over his endurance stuff. I love all the magic shows on TV, when they come on I HAVE to watch, Im compelled. I only have one real good magic trick I can do: If Im singing, I can make a whole crowd disappear! ikestr
...hertz down low....

Archived