Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Aye, newbie lurking!

Geoff_Cousens

Greetings,

I would just like to make my "lurking" presence known...

...I have been round here for the last month or so, and I can really appreciate the positive and mature atmosphere that this forum offers.

Yes, I am a relative noob (newbie) in terms of the electric bass, to be specific.

I owned a Rich when I was 21, and became somewhat proficient (at least in my perception, at the time), in the music I wanted to replicate. However, with superficial goals, my means quickly met their end, and in retrospect, I am thank full.

So here I am, ten years later, starting fresh; leaning bass clef notation, slowly practicing scales with a metronome, bending at the elbow more than the wrist, very soon looking for a teacher, and content with the prospect that will take some time to be a competent bass player before becoming a good one.

I would be grateful to participate in these forums, though in a selective capacity, for I tend to Search before I ask.

Hopefully, your newest apparition,

Geoff

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see you here !!

Well, then again, it's hard to see you since you're an apparition....

Glad you are finding the search helpful. Feel free to step in !

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Warm welcomes! I'm new here too, so you are in good company! IMs welcome at Idnarb2 (aol)

-Your friendly neighborhood pirate: Idnarb

"Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die"

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pirate- Idnarb

Archived