Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Condit, Robert Blake, O.J.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Ted, I did. Thanks for reminding me. So now, along with the rest, he'll have to be covered with honey & plopped in a hole dug into a fire ant nest. Remember"Jeremiah Johnson" with the bald dude stuck into the ground? That & worse to the old Conduit Dude!

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Bones, Scotty, Spo-ohhhck...how come my wife is.....floatinginthepool? I- I, don't remember...anything... Mr. Chekhov, set a course for the Romulan Neutral Zone, Warp Factor 6... And how about good ol' Teddy Kennedy? Did they ever come up with anything on Natalie Wood? Did Robert Wagner push her off that boat?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I would suggest stringing him up by his eyelids, and slapping him 'til he blinks!! This goes for anyone guilty (beyond reasonable a doubt) of commiting such gruesome crimes; ie., mudrer, rape, ANY sex crimes against children, etc..... Cheers! Spencer
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

[quote]Originally posted by thisDude: [b]You forgot about Bill Shatner...[/b][/quote]Let's see, I just walked out to the pool only to find my beloved wife lying at the bottom. I know, I'll call 911 and the neighbors to find out what I should do... Hey, Captain Kirk, here's an idea -- pull your wife out of the friggin' pool!!! I've always wondered why the press was not more relentless on this one. I'm sure that the DA decided not to pursue it based on lack of hard evidence. To this day, I just can't stomach the whole groovy Priceline.com pitch man schtick coming from O.J.'s evil twin...

What kills me is that someone could remain undiscovered in a city park for this long. I remember seeing the "dozens" of police searching the park on TV awhile back, they all seemed to be following each other and walking along the paths, apparently no one wanted to venture out into the tall grass :rolleyes:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

To be honest, I could really care less about this story right now with everything else happening in the world. Sure, I feel sorry for the girl and her family, but we have MUCH bigger shit going on than this right now. Check out [url=http://webcenter.newssearch.netscape.com/aolns_display.adp?key=200205222042000153792_aolns.src]this[/url] article that the big networks haven't picked up yet!

I gotta wonder if we aren't becoming too hungry for scandals. We are so often presented with these scenarios, we need to be careful that we don't automatically assume that the tawdriest story is the explanation. The DC cops don't yet consider Condit a suspect. She was found in a park near her house, where she used to jog. It isn't that unusual to think that she may very well have been abducted on the street by a run-of-the-mill sicko, as opposed to being the victim of a government conspiracy to protect a Senator's weewee. Maybe he did it - but I'm not going to make that judgement before they find more evidence to support it.

Well, sure, Franknputer...I can go along with that. We're certainly not a lynch mob here. I would postulate that my strongest feelings lie in the direction of Condit, but. then again...it could have been: 1. One of Condit's political opponents, knowing full well that her murder would point to Condit and ruin his career. 2. A random madman. 3. Some other person, like an ex boyfriend, or an ex boyfriend's current girlfriend, or what have you. It does rather seem kind of stupid on Condit's part to murder her, and then not see how suspicion would not fall on him.

[quote]Originally posted by Dillweed: [b]To be honest, I could really care less about this story right now with everything else happening in the world. Sure, I feel sorry for the girl and her family, but we have MUCH bigger shit going on than this right now. Check out [url=http://webcenter.newssearch.netscape.com/aolns_display.adp?key=200205222042000153792_aolns.src]this[/url] article that the big networks haven't picked up yet![/b][/quote]Six of one, half dozen of the other for me. I am very concerned about terrorism, and all of its ramifications worldwide, but I'm even more concerned about things that are more likely to affect my family directly, such as "garden variety" violent crime. If Chandra Levy was abducted by a random serial killer, that's something that could affect any of our families. It happens all the time. I saw some program that gave the FBI's estimate of how many serial killers are active in the US at any given time, and it's truly scary. More likely a family member would be attacked in this regard rather than being blown up by a terrorist.

condit seems like a weasel, but my guess is that some sick freak attacked her while she was jogging. someone above mentioned that kirk should have dragged his drowned wife out of the pool- i don't think that's right. he [i]really[/i] would have looked guilty then. even if he somehow was involved, that pool is a crime scene.

[quote]Originally posted by Botch: [b]What kills me is that someone could remain undiscovered in a city park for this long. I remember seeing the "dozens" of police searching the park on TV awhile back, they all seemed to be following each other and walking along the paths, apparently no one wanted to venture out into the tall grass :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Well I'll try to explain Botch... I dont know if you've ever been to DC or not, but I believe she was discovered in Rock Creek Park, or at least thats where the main search had been with DC police in the past. Rock Creek Park is MASSIVE, I mean at one end of the Park your in DC, in another you're at the Waterfront looking at Virginia, at another section your practically in Maryland!! Huge Park, one of the biggest in the country. I lived in DC for 5 years, and I didnt cover 1/3 of that park, and I lived on the NW DC entrance to Rock Creek and drove it several times a week. You have to figure that over the years in a park that size, there could be dozens of undiscovered bodies there that will still be undiscovered even years from now. Im glad her body was finally found, as it might help the family begin to heal in some way....hard to say though.
TROLL . . . ish.

[quote]Originally posted by meccajay: [b][QUOTE]I didnt cover 1/3 of that park, and I lived on the NW DC entrance to Rock Creek and drove it several times a week. [/b][/quote]Good choice of a fraction. It was reported that the park covers 1/3 of D.C., but didn't mention what the terrain is like. [b] [quote] Im glad her body was finally found, as it might help the family begin to heal in some way....hard to say though.[/b][/quote]Missing family members is tough. We have a local case where a young woman walked out of a pub where she had been with several friends and was never seen again, being two years now. The guy that clearly killed her hanged himself within a few months of becoming a suspect and didn't leave any note or hint of what he did with her. That's cold. Many times I wonder where the body is and how her mother spends the days.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

[quote]I think the body was returned to site to be found at a more "convenient" time. Too many coincidences. [/quote]*cough* Vince Foster, what? As for "much bigger shit going on than this right now"... been reading [url=http://www.debka.com]Debkafile[/url] lately? *cough* Homefront nuclear attack, what?

[quote]Originally posted by wager47: [b] someone above mentioned that kirk should have dragged his drowned wife out of the pool- i don't think that's right. he [i]really[/i] would have looked guilty then. even if he somehow was involved, that pool is a crime scene.[/b][/quote]You're missing the point. At the time Kirk walks out of his house and sees his wife lying at the bottom of the pool, it isn't a crime scene -- it's his wife drowning! It is an automatic reflex that, if you saw the person you loved most in the world lying at the bottom of the pool, you'd dive in and get them out. Period. The 911 tapes were amazing, with the 911 operator forcefully (and repeatedly) telling Kirk to get his wife the hell out of the pool. Despite this rather uneccessary advice, Kirk did not get his wife out of the pool, but instead called the neighbors... Just by coincidence, it seems that Kirk's wife had filed for divorce just a couple of months previously, but they had "reconciled," if ever so briefly...

Archived