Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Not in a band, but doing well

Jay J.

I was in a band with some friends from high school and we had to break up after 2 years together at the start of this summer because people were leaving for college. that made me kinda sad for a while but in the past month and a half now I have been doing what I guess you could call a sort of session work or bassist for hire kind of thing and it is fun. I know many people in my area that are singer/songwriters and they have been calling me to play stuff for them in a few shows and a few CD's now. and it is a lot of fun. I have been able to play a few different kinds of music and I am able to have some creative input but I go along with them if they have an idea of what they want because it is their music. but it has been a good expiearence for me. just thought I'd share, anyone else done anything similar.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sort of same here. I'm in Singapore (not a S'porean though) and had a band with 3 other guys. Lead guitarist was a pilot , a British guy and got a new job and left for Hongkong. The drummer, also a Brit, was a mechanical engineer and left to US on a new tenure. The lead singer was Australian and became a father and now baby sits. Seeing all this dis-banding, I too decided to become a father and stay & play at home for the baby. Anyway, when we did the band, it was great fun and we also did couple of gigs at Hard Rock Cafe here. Now my goal is to form a band that could do a bit of fusion. I find it difficult to find the right guys for this. I am also a Tabla player (of 30 years of playing, I'm 36 now.) and have played in various concerts with various musicians. Now I am thinking how to put together a good band that could experiment on Funkrock-Raga fused music. :thu:

Archived