Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic Upright Bass Needed by Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull

JLsound

I came across this Article about Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull wanting to borrow a an Acoustic Upright Bass for their upcoming American Tour:

http://wplr.com/common/launch/092402/092402_jethro_tulls_ian.html

If any of you are Anderson/Tull fans and play an Upright, this may be of interest.

Good Point Bastid E.

I edited the title. Didn't realize that it was an Ian Anderson tour. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Sorry for that.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
considering he cals this the "rubbing elbows with ian anderson tour" causes one to think that it's a way to call attention to a show no one will care about. ian anderson without tull? two people in the crowd is better than none.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

The article actually sounds like they want to do the tour by commercial air carrier and don't want the hassle of shipping the bass from one night's gig to the next. (FedEx will do it, but it would cost a fortune and be a huge hassle. You could buy a few basses for what FedEx Special would cost.)

Still, I don't understand why they don't just rent a bass in each city. Perhaps this is their way of doing that. (Or . . . maybe they can't find the kind of bass they're looking for as a rental in each city.)

The logistical problems associated with being thick as a brick.

What a novelty. I'd do it, just to hang out backstage and hear war stories.

Seriously, though...as an upright player, I'd hate to play a different bass every show...you just can't get the feel of them that quick. I'd really always worry that I was out of tune.

And a Fishman/SWR combination? This won't be high energy, I'm betting.

Anyway, for all you aspiring URB players who feel you'll be in this situation one day, I have one word:

Eminence.

You can take that thing apart in 10 minutes and fly it in a golf bag.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Ah, it's always nice to find that your drummer's buggering off on tour with the family band without telling you, and furthermore, discover it from a post on a US forum. Typical. Anyway, I am overjoyed to say that I have just quit my crap funk/disco covers band (with said J.D.) and I'm looking forward to doing something with more depth and creativity.

Alex

Archived