Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another day, another war

Well, it looks like the Pakistanis and the Indians are about to go for each other's throats. I'm curious, why doesn't Bu$h's 'war on terror' extend to these two nations? Pakistan harbours some Taliban members and India has accused it of training terrorists to cause trouble in Kashmir. I seriously doubt India is 100% blame-free either. This strikes me as way more important than the Isreali stuff ... these two countries have nuclear weapons and they might just hate each other enough to use them.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Israel's got the nukes too, don't they? Only problem is, if they used 'em on the people they really want to, they'd be killing themselves at the same time. The only hope for Pakistan/India is that they've BOTH got 'em aimed down each other's gullet. We just have to hope that it works out the same way it did with the US and USSR (so far). I dunno, the can of worms was opened a long time ago...it's only a matter of time before somebody swallows a mouthful...
None more black.

So far george JR's tactics seem no different than George SR's,Saddam is still around and complicated oil interests and politics seem supreme importance over all to this current administration.American people voted for the same crap they got 4 years ago.Expect nothing to make sense and this so called war to drag on forever with no clear results.Mark my words.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I'm curious, why doesn't Bu$h's 'war on terror' extend to these two nations? Pakistan harbours some Taliban members and India has accused it of training terrorists to cause trouble in Kashmir. I seriously doubt India is 100% blame-free either. [/b][/quote]Because Pakistan has been an old ally, and was desperately needed by our administration to be able to declare war on Afghanistan. Your assertion is far too logical. It's never been about that. It's about immediate needs. If we based things on logic, we would have intervened in Rwanda, before two million people were needlessly slaughtered by the Hu'tu; when China invaded Tibet, killing 1.2 million; etc. etc. However, it's about OUR needs, not others. And India's "terrorists" in Kashmir are basically the Indian Army, and in the past, has been heavily criticized by our country and many others for their human rights abuses in Kashmir.

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln@hotmail.com: [b]So far george JR's tactics seem no different than George SR's,Saddam is still around and complicated oil interests and politics seem supreme importance over all to this current administration.American people voted for the same crap they got 4 years ago.Expect nothing to make sense and this so called war to drag on forever with no clear results.Mark my words.[/b][/quote]No shit. 1) Jr. drags out the same speech about Cuba that presidents have been giving for 40 years. Why? Because they have to have a spin to counter Jimmy Carter's trip last week, and more importantly his brother is running for re-election in Florida and they need the Cuban-exile vote. This administration has absolutely no imagination, just broad strokes of rhetoric - evil dictators, weapons of mass destruction, our way of life. Gimme a break. Is that the way of life in Montana militia towns or the way of life in San Francisco we're talking about? 2) In response to the previous post about Pakistan; the Pakistani jails are releasing hundreds of prisoners because of overcrowding (common practice elsewhere too), including Talibans, for the price of about US $16.00 a head. And BTW, nukes in the hands of client states are deterrents to aggression :p . In the hands of former client states that "grew a sack", told the U.S.S.R. and U.S. to fuck off and created their own internal problems, they are weapons of mass destruction. 3) Canadian ground troops will have to pull 1,000 personnel out of Afghanistan by July because the defence budget can't support the mission, and interviews with officers indicate everyone is glad to be leaving because the Afghanistan mission has become unclear and the results generally fruitless. Example: Allies take 1 fatality in an engagement, withdraw everybody, go back in the next day with heavy support and gee, no Al-Qaeda stayed around to get killed. Your words are marked. Charlie
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

War, good god ya'll, what is it good for, absolutley nothing, say it again. Well there's a simplistic answer to a complex problem but the situation with India/Pakistan is basically a territorial dispute. That's ridiculous in this day and age that countries of their stature can't work this out. I'm ashamed of the human race. It's a little different in the Middle East but, that's also basically a territorial dispute . I don't agree with what was done after World War 2 but I think people should be able to negotiate SOMETHING now. If I could talk to those people I would say, Please, Please, Please, STOP killing each other. Let's all talk about this until we can't stand it anymore and then let's talk about it some more but let's not ever,ever, if we can help it intentionally hurt each other. It's just common sense to me. Just my thoughts. I am not nor am I affiliated with the HIPPIE party.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Just my thoughts. I am not nor am I affiliated with the HIPPIE party.[/b][/quote]That's OK - you can come anyway, if you have a little something to contribute. O yeah - don't go into the back room unless you're invited... [img]http://www.neemanet.com/images/trips/photo_album/prince_2.jpg[/img]

Archived