Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well-Written Manual?? Roland?!?!?!?!?!

Well, its May 21st and snowing here in Utah. I settled down with some hot popcorn, cold lager and Keyboard's June '02 issue when my whole concept of the universe turns upside down. Roland's new VS-2480 is reviewed in this issue and under "Pros" is the bullet: "Well-written owner's manual"! Scanning through the article I see the words "This manual is one of the best pieces of documentation I've ever seen for a music product"!!!! It stated Roland U.S. commissioned another complete manual! This has been a long time coming, and fantastic to hear! I've owned a couple Roland pieces over the years, including a single-space sampler (I can't remember the designation), the A-80 keyboard controller, and the first 8-track digital recorder. I've sold them ALL for the same reason: the manuals were incomplete, inaccurate, poorly-translated SHIT! (I still have a Roland keyboard amp, since it was a floor model and the manual was lost I figured I'd have better luck!) It sounds like, after only 20 years or so of complaints, Roland US has finally gotten a clue. I'd love to hear from anyone on this board who's purchased this recorder/mixer and can confirm the Incredible Has Happened.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived