Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick Cabs

Metal_Boy16

I've asked the same question two times on this forum without any reply. Are Warwick cabs any good. They are decently priced, I think. I am really interested in their Terminator. Its a 2x10 and 2x15 bandpass, 450 watts RMS cabinet. Any good? I play in a metal band, so I need something to punch through the distorted guitar. Any replies welcome.
"If only I had HIS chops!"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey metalboy,

I'm sorry nobody responded. I'm sure they would ask if you searched the forum's previous thread.

Or, if they are like me, they have just not experienced high power metal playing through the Warwick.

It's quite possible that a 2x10 might not cut it...in your situation.

Jeremy put a formula out the other day for minimum power requirements in any situation. Take the total wattage of all other instruments and double it.

So if you are planning on using a 450 watt head, all the other musicians combined can be no more than 225 watts.

Here's a useful site, although no one has reviewed any Warwick speaker cabs yet (that may tell you something). You can fish around for a lot of information about specific items:

Bass Gear Review Archive: http://www.bgra.net/

These are all user reviews.

Good Luck

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

i don't know about the terminator cabinet, but i've played many basses through a warwick W-410Pro powered by a quadVI head. that is an incredible rig with plenty of bottom.

i don't think a single, 400W head will be enough for the terminator cabinet running in fullrange. it's designed to have 400W to the 2x10 section and 600W to 2x15 section. it you're worried about having enough bottom end, try their 1x15. i think, though, that unless you're going serious dub tone, the 300W 4x10 will be the best match for a 400W head.

robb.

The stores around here have Warwick basses, but I've never even seen one of their cabs. I suspect that other amp-only manufacturers have displaced them or limited Warwick's ability to be shown at the big dealers...

Anyway, that may be a reason you didn't receive an answer. I'm sympathetic - I've seen some cool basses on the net that I may never get to try because they don't have a dealer nearby...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I just got a Warwick 411 Pro (4-10's + a HF horn) and love it, so I'm sure the Terminator is a good cab also. But as the previous posts mentioned, you'll need a lot of amp to take advantage of it's capabilities.
Ah, nice marmot.

Archived