Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Compressor-Plug In (Digi) or hardware (rack mount?)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing to consider is whether you're looking to compress things while you record. The plug in doesn't do that. You can probably work around it but it's a lot easier to use an outboard compressor. Of course, this gives you the option of overcompressing what you record and not being able to recover it without re-recording... -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by deanmass: [b]Used primarily as a singer-songwriters creativity tool...[/b][/quote]Sorry - using a compressor as a creativity tool for songwriter? I love compressor and used them a lot but you donot need a compressor to put some ideas down or write songs... That said, now a days demo need to sound like a finish project so : Hardware compressor helps alot to get a decent level singel into digital domain, but unless you get a real expensive analog machine, plugins are as good... and much easier to master. HTH Danny

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

I aint' cutting demo's...I am recording sound ideas for my own personal jollies Not that hard of a concept actually...point was, to re-phrase, my recording is just used to help me flesh out song ideas....I'll see where it goes from there.... The best comment so far has been regarding recording with compression 'live' vs. adding into the mix after the track is recorded. Couldn't the outboard compressor be run via the fx in's on a small mixer? Seems like I may actually wanna get one of each...

[quote]Originally posted by deanmass: [b].... Couldn't the outboard compressor be run via the fx in's on a small mixer? ...[/b][/quote]It's always better to plug outboard compressor into the inserts of a mixer!
I am back.

Archived