Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

has anyone heard about this...if you play Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and start the movie "Wizard of Oz" at the same time, there are quite a few things that go together as if it was deliberate...lyrics that correspond to what's happening on the screen at the exact same time... songs that start and end at the exact same time as certain scenes, etc...i think there's a few websites that list all the co-incidences and show examples...this might be old hat to some people because i've been hearing about this for a while, but i was wondering who might know what i'm talking about

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did it... It's amusing, it *sort of* does "interesting" things... but you take a surreal movie and add surreal unrelated music... it's still going to be "surreal". _Meddle_ works with 2001. That has a better connection, since Kubrick wanted them to do the soundtrack initially... Anything that has a reality disconnect aspect to it is going to "work" with surreal music. I would bet Kurosawa's _Dreams_ would probably work really well with Enya, or the Cocteau Twin's _Blue Bell Knoll_. I wish I had time to do stuff like that..

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

I've heard this for quite some time, but never tried it. The syncing (where you should start the cd) was always the topic of much debate at the "stoner" lunch table. Some say to start it when the MGM lion roars, others say when the movie starts, others, still, when the movie turns to color. I guess if you take enough acid, the mind makes associations that Kevin Bacon wouldn't even get. One thing I do know for sure, is that there's a scene in which something that looks like a dead hanging body swings to and fro in the background. Urban legend has it, as a disgruntled stage hand who commited suicide on set. You'd think they would take care of that kind of stuff in post. I've also heard the same type of thing with The Great Muppet Caper set to Tool's Undertow.

i just downloaded it from kaaza and it's pretty cool...there are some very interesting coincidences, more than just the music going well the scenes, there are sounds and lyrics that correspond exactly to what's happening...it's just fun that's all, and it takes some imagination, but some of it is really cool...unfortunately, i don't ingest the same substances that i used to, so i'm probably not experiencing the full effect, but it was cool anyway...

[quote]Originally posted by thisDude: [b]I've also heard the same type of thing with The Great Muppet Caper set to Tool's Undertow.[/b][/quote]"Lassie" works really well with Slayer's _Reign in Blood_, try it!

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

I have the Wizard of Oz on DVD and the entire tornado scene matches perfectly from beginning to end of the song, "Great Gig in the Sky" Kinda funny that the song title goes with it to. That was the one part that really made it worth trying. The rest is a bit of a reach. Probably would be more entertaining if I were the type to get stoned.

Archived