Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Exercise, Bass Playing & Performing

Wally Malone

Hey guys...

Sounds like there are a lotta fat-ass bass players here. I feel right at home. HAHA.

I have a similar story.

I used to be in shape. I worked out every day -- weights, cardio, everything. It was great. The gym was right across the street from my old job. I'd feel like an asshole if I DIDN'T work out. Then I got laid off. I couldn't afford the gym any more, and I was never around the area anyway.

I got fat.

Then I met a nice girl who liked to have sex with me -- often. I lost a LOT of weight living with her. We never had food -- just sex. Plus, I was pretty broke, so food was scarce anyway.

We broke up, and I got fat again.

I met another nice girl. Plenty of sex, but it wasn't like exercise, so I stayed pretty fat. One day (about a month or so ago) I looked in the mirror and said, "Hey fat-ass, get to the gym."

So I joined the gym near my new job. Ironically, it's the same one I went to about 10 years ago. I'm taking off the weight, and it feels pretty damn sweet.

I noticed I can rock a lot harder and longer onstage. I sweat like mad, but I don't get winded. Maybe some day I can join the skinny bass player's union.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived