Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

bartolini pickups for p bass?

Jay J.

I have a 78' fender p bass. I bought it used off of ebay. it didn't have the origonal pickups in it, instead it has some bartolini ones in there. I think that it sounds pretty good but I don't have anything to compare it to. So I'm woundering if barts are good for p basses or should I consider replacing them. I don't know what model of barts they are or how old they are. just woundering if people have found anything much better. if not than I would be real happy to just leave it alone.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it sounds good, then there should be no problem. As a general statement, Barts (and EMG, Lane Poor, Duncan Basslines, Carvin) are solid pieces of equipment, so that's OK.

Sounds like some comparison shopping may be in order. Consider bringing your rig to a store and trying out a new Fender and see if it sounds better than what you have.

Another option is to put in a J-Retro preamp (or another model) to help craft the sound.

I kinda think you'll be fine as is...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I've got Bartolini MK1's in my 6-string (put in as stock pickups) but perssonally I don't like them. I can't the sound I'm after (J-bass type sound) without a preamp.

"I'd like to have an argument"

"Ah yes indeed, is that the full half hour or just five minutes?"

Archived