Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DVD Copy Protection and Such

Disclaimer: I am in NO way writing this to encourage skipping copy protection for illegal use and ill gotten gain. I'm just trying to illustrate a point. :D Most people probably already know this, and I have for a couple of years now, but game consoles are a way to bypass DVD copyprotection. My sister is one of those kids who loves to marathon watch movies ALL the time. Plus, she, like most kids, doesn't know how to properly handle disks (CDs, DVDs). I grew tired of replacing the movies from my room, so I decided to make copies of them. Well, since my VCR won't let me record my DVD player, I remembered that next generation gaming consoles (PS2 and XBOX) are designed (not specifically) to be played through VCRs and the like. So I made the connections and...voila! A very good tape recording of a DVD. My point is, intentional or not, as has been stated, there will always be a way around these things. In the case of the CDs, however, I hope Philips files, and wins the case against the record companies. I understand these new CDs are not "red book" compliant, also. Record companies are NOT consumer friendly. The fact that a DVD's price is comparable, and at times less expensive than a CD is not acceptable. Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Completly unacceptable. Some of my students that are into "punk" music (voids,leftover crack) buy, yes buy CDs that are under 10 dollars regularly. If its more they burn what they want off their friend who burned what they wanted. Talcott

Ahh! Let us proclaim absolute truths.

Let us dishonor war, No...glorious war does not exist.

-Victor Hugo

http://www.composerguitarist.com

All the debate about copy protection is just a sign of the human condition. When are we all going to stop ripping each other off? This is how it works. The government, banks, insurance companies, utility companies, and other corporations bleed us of as much money as they can. In return we, when ever we get a chance strike back in the only way we can by STEALING SHIT! It's just gotten ridiculous. Those large orginizations and entities have to make the first move and show people they care about MORE than their balance sheet. Once they do that and charge a fair price for their products or services then things will fall into line. 21st century people, we can't keep hurting each other intentionally. Well I could go on about this subject but maybe someone else has something good to say.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]All the debate about copy protection is just a sign of the human condition. When are we all going to stop ripping each other off? This is how it works. The government, banks, insurance companies, utility companies, and other corporations bleed us of as much money as they can. In return we, when ever we get a chance strike back in the only way we can by STEALING SHIT! It's just gotten ridiculous. Those large orginizations and entities have to make the first move and show people they care about MORE than their balance sheet. Once they do that and charge a fair price for their products or services then things will fall into line. 21st century people, we can't keep hurting each other intentionally. Well I could go on about this subject but maybe someone else has something good to say.[/b][/quote]Give that man a cigar!
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Archived