Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what type of extoic basses do you like best

Jay J.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are so many- MTD is tops in my book, i play mainly MTDs- i have a Fodera that i really like- ive played some killer Roscoes. I love lakland but wouldnt really consider them exotic-

Elricks intrigue me- i hear great things about Hanewinckel. R basses are supposed to be real happening- there are so many..

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Being out here in Northern California and coordinating bass nights I've had the opportunity to see fifteen Alembics in a night that Mica Wickersham brought. Also one of my hangs, Guitar Showcase in San Jose, is one of the main Alembic dealers so I've gotten to really appreciate Alembics. Check the Alembic site where each month they put up one of their customs. :cool:

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

The most "exotic" basses we see here regularly is stuff like Warwick (I have one).

There are a few Pedullas (I crave a pair of MVP 6's - fretted and buzz) and older Spectors but we are starved of high end gear. Puts a whole new spin on GAS when the only time you get to see this stuff is in the pages of BP.

I think thats what I like about this forum - I get to talk about gear I've never laid eyes on with guys I've never met and it's so cool!!

Hmmmmm...........

I saw the Ritter bass website, and man do those look exotic! Jens Ritter takes alot of pride in his work, too. So I'm sure they play really sweet!
Feel the POWER, the Rumble. Was that an earthquake?! No, it's just my BASS!

If we are talking looks, I vote for Warrior, Conklin and Fodera. They are beautiful.

On the other hand, I own a Mike Lull bass, so I guess that shows my vote in terms of sound and playability.

I don't know exactly what you mean by exotic. Are you talking expensive, unusual, rare, handmade, or what?

For unusual, I vote for Atlansia and BassLab.

For rare, what about Jerzy Drozd? I've never seen one.

Archived