Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ozzy now, who's next?

With the popularity of MTV's Osbournes skyrocketing and the reports of a $20 million deal for next season circulating, this all begs the question; Who's going to be the next washed-up rocker to try to do the same thing? (not to say that Ozzy was really washed-up) Methinks this is right up Tommy Lee's ally...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say they should keep up with the Sabbath lineage.. Ronnie James DIO BABY! Yeah! Let's see what kinda day our beloved Dio has. I bet he'll have to keep the dragons and wizards tied up out in the yard for awhile huh

ATOMIX! :evil:

http://www.abc.net.au/common/logos/whtblkgrn.gif

How about this: MTV PRESENTS: THE REAL METAL BAND WORLD Get some "out of work" guys maybe looking for some publicity like David Lee Roth, Dana Strum (bass), Vito Bratta, maybe Rikki Rocket.. set them up with a house in Hollywood, put cameras in it, tell them they have to come up with a cd by the end of the show... Entertaining to watch perhaps, AND they can sell the CD after the whole deal AND the DVD of the "uncensored" bits... Clever, huh?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[b]Chip Macdonald said:[/b] [quote] How about this: MTV PRESENTS: THE REAL METAL BAND WORLD Get some "out of work" guys maybe looking for some publicity like David Lee Roth, Dana Strum (bass), Vito Bratta, maybe Rikki Rocket.. set them up with a house in Hollywood, put cameras in it, tell them they have to come up with a cd by the end of the show... Entertaining to watch perhaps, AND they can sell the CD after the whole deal AND the DVD of the "uncensored" bits... Clever, huh? [/quote]That's actually a pretty good idea... maybe the cd has to come out at the end of the season, though. Yngvie Malsteem will be the jerk that gets kicked out in mid-season to be replaced by a some lesbian. Kind of an R-rated "Making the Band" The right guys would probably work for peanuts. MTV loves low-overhead. :cool:

i'd pay to see "fired publicists tell all." where former publicists of big name stars come clean on all the lies they fed the public to protect the image of their former employers... "on the next episode, we'll visit the hair salon where david lee roth got his hair weave, see the gay bar where kiss' paul stanley picks up boys, and find out why springsteen is such a dictatorial jerk." :) -d. gauss

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln@hotmail.com: [b]Ted Nugent perhaps :idea: ? Iggy Pop might fit a little better.[/b][/quote]Ted Nugent! Excellent choice - the concept hit me right away. He could be the anti-Red Green: "Let's join Mr. Nugent as he tows a string of wheelchairs behind his ATV to take these children out for their first, and last, bow hunt." Quiet on the set everybody, cue Bambi. :cry:
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

Funny you should mention Nugent. Check out his his quote about the Osbourne's [url=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=768&e=1&cid=768&u=/nm/20020516/music_nm/music_osbournes_dc_1]here[/url] . And Tommy Lee mentioned on Howard this morning that he may actually be considering as maybe Gene Simmons might too...

"And Tommy Lee mentioned on Howard this morning that he may actually be considering as maybe Gene Simmons might too... " Actually Gene Simmons sort of is doing it. One of those dumb newsertainment shows (like Access Hollywood or something like that) has done a few short segments where they follow him around his house. Ozzy's entertaining, but simmons is just a self absorbed jerk. If anyone needs further proof that he's a cocky prick, check out his interview on NPR's Fresh Air: http://www.textism.com/article/455/

kudyba said: [quote] And Tommy Lee mentioned on Howard this morning that he may actually be considering as maybe Gene Simmons might too... [/quote]That's really funny because I initially posted this the night before. Isn't that always the way.... As soon as you get a good idea, it seems like somebody else does it. Someone should pitch these ideas to an MTV producer. Summer's here so they should all be out of school by now. :D

Isn't the real attraction to the Ozzy show that we see either a bit of own families OR a family close by in it? Dad=clueless, Mom=running the show,kids running amock? The next family either has to have the same or similar structure, or be SO different that we are compelled to tune in. Nugent had a radio show here for several years, and I have to admit, I liked listening to him, if for no other reason than he was not a squid. He spoke his mid, and FU if you don't like it, as he said...And, if I was in a bar fight, I'd take Ted on my side over the ENTIRE OZZ clan.. :) So who next?? Hmmm.. Rob Halford (odd life so far) Rob Zombie (imagine him at the breakfast table?) Sting (NOT! BOR-ING!) Donnie Osmond (one of those lil Mormons has to have a secret..) and...finally.... Craig Anderton! (just keep that camera pointed at the secret synth tweakage!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived