Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

B.C. Rich

Metal_Boy16

I've been to other large bass forums besides this. Just about everyone of them has at least 10 people that constantly make crap out of B.C. Rich basses. Specifically, B.C. Rich Platinum Warlock basses. I don't understand why. I have one. It has great playability, sustain, neck feel, and very durable. I play heavy metal and hard rock. It's the best bass I've ever touched. And it looks really awesome. It states itself, as well as its owner ;) . I just want to know what some other people feel about this bass. Pros? Cons? Experiences? All comments welcome.
"If only I had HIS chops!"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the problem with b.c. rich is that they slap bass necks onto guitar bodies. this results in a very poorly balanced instrument. i think if you experiment with a bass designed to be a bass and not a long scale guitar you will find multitudes of basses that play, feel and sound HEAPS better than a b.c. rich.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

they also remind people of the 80's, which means hairbands and alot of people are just trying to for get that period of music.

To me they look kind of stupid by i'm a fender man so thats just my opinion,

i also don't think i've ever heard people here trash bc rich though

if you can't cut it on four, don't touch five

Someone I know has one of these basses, and I got to play it. I felt the quality was lacking, and the balance (as was said) was not good.

Years back, BC Rich was a respected name and made some quality stuff. It seems in recent years they are aiming at the lower end of the market. Some of people's upset may stem from their change of focus.

If you are happy with yours, that's fine. I play a Gibson in what is generally a Fender world. Whatever works for you !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

the b.c. rich is cool looking personaly i prefer a more traditional instrument (i use a music-man). i played one and thought the neck felt like playing on a 2x4 its just a little wide for my tastes but this is coming from a guitarist turned bassist

I like BC Rich basses. I'm planning on getting one. I loved all the bands back in the 80's that had them. They always looked cool. Especially Bobby Dall's (POISON) green one. I have played the platinum warlock and it sounds good to me. I play Punk Rock/Hard Rock/Metal and the sound cuts through pretty well. If you want higher quality, BC RICH does make higher end instruments. I'm just glad they make the lower priced imports for broke working stiffs like me. :D

SKATE AND DESTROY

www.concretedisciples.com

Archived