Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rufus Reid & Michael Manring

Wally Malone

I was surprised that another thread didn't get any responses on this and thought it may have been the subject heading. Rufus Reid an Michael Manring will be doing a clinic tomorrow, Saturday May 4 in San Francisco from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bass Bash 18 will be held at Musicians Union Local 6 located at 116 Ninth St. (at Mission) in San Francisco. The location is next to Guitar Center. The event sponsors are the Northern California Bass Club, the San Francisco Symphony and AFM Local 6. There is no charge and is open to all who would like to attend. I'll be there and thought this would be a great opportunity for some of us Lowdowners to meet. Please let me know if you will be able to attend.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Wally - I'd love to be there!! Just a little impractical though.

Seriously though, You guys in the area should take advantage of this kind of thing, it just does not happen here (apart from the odd drum clinic). I don't remember the last time there was a bass clinic in this country with the sort of guys you get to see. Make the most of it and please tell them to come and visit NZ so some of us can be similarly inspired.

Hmmmmm...........

Gray, I'll let you know how it goes. Still surprised with all the SF Bay Area Lowdowners that no one responded. Maybe it's too early on a Saturday morning. I have to get up about 7:30 a.m. to get there by 10, but I feel that it is definitely something worth getting up early for.

Wally

Thanks Wally.

Rufus is a legend, I'm really looking forward to hearing a full report.

I don't know too much about MM but have heard he is a little freaky. I guess he is worth seeing just for the wow factor even if you prefer bass freaks to freaky bass.

Cheers

Hmmmmm...........

The clinic was great. :cool: There were close to sixty in attendance. Before the break I let all know about the Lowdown. Hopefully some will stop by and give their impressions of today's event. I'll try to write a little more later. Feel like I need a nap before practicing tonight and before anymore writing (typing).

Wally

Archived