Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Away from the Lowdown

Wally Malone

I'll be away for week and most likely will have no web access. I'll be at the George Meany Labor Center which should prove to be a good learning experience. I don't even think they have TV's or phones in the rooms. This will be the longest period I've spent in quite some time without a bass. I'll definitely have a Jones for that lowdown thing we do. I am taking a CD player and some great CD's so at least I'll be able to go to sleep at night. I just completed my last moderator duty before leaving by deleting the post on the money making scam (totally unrelated to bass). I leave you in the good hands of Uncle Bob and Papa Tom. :thu:

Have a great week, I'm sure I'll have plenty to catch up on when I get back. :)

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, didn't know they would have a computer lab here at the Meany Center. First time I'm using a computer other than a Mac. If I can get in here another time or two before coming home I won't have so much to catch up. I can at least get up to date for now.

Wally

The AFM has an officer training program at the George Meany Labor Center. They have a lot of the new officers of locals come to these but also pick someone with experience in organizing (that's me)to share experiences with these officers. I'm really enjoying it. There's a great campus atmosphere and a lot of camaraderie. Tomorrow following a shorter afternoon session we're going to D.C. for a tour and dinner at the Democratic Club.

Tom, Windows actually is a decent copy of the Mac OS and not that hard to use. The screen appearance isn't as good as the Mac. :P

Wally

Archived