Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass balls?

Blues Disciple

If I recall correctly, many years ago, Chris Squire used an effects pedal on the "Tormato" album called "BassBalls". It basically created a real wide wah plus sound to his Rickenbacker and made for a wild bass sound throughout the album.

Do they make this pedal anymore?

BD

"With the help of God and true friends I've come to realize, I still have two strong legs and even wings to fly" Gregg Allman from "Ain't Wastin Time No More"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Blues Disciple:

Do they make this pedal anymore?

BD

It's made by Electro-Harmonix, and MusiciansFriend (among others) carries it. It seems that there are two models - one made in Russia and one made in NYC.

Try ebay also...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Bass Player magazine has a review of it (it's somewhere on their "Gear" page--perhaps under "Best Bargains" or something...sorry to be so dodgy, but it *is* there). The upshot was that they really liked it--built like a brick s***house, great sound, great name. :D Wouldn't mind one myself.

I used a Bass Balls pedal for about 2 years. I found that it only really created a noticeable effect when it was boosted with another effect like distortion. When used after my Rat pedal, the Bass Balls helped make some really cool "BWAAAH" noises -- very much a Geezer Butler type of thing. There's a "distortion" switch on the B.B. pedal itself, but the sound is pretty thin and horrid.

I'd say the pedal is cool for a toy used occasionally, but it's not really worth the low-end compromise.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived