Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Tahoe Lowdowners

Wally Malone

I'm heading to Lake Tahoe tomorrow night, I have shows at Harrah's on Saturday and Sunday. It's the same show I did in San Francisco, Tony & Tina's Wedding and is through the New York producer. If anyone is playing in Tahoe this weekend I may be able to catch you. I have most of Saturday evening free as the show I'm doing should be over by 8:30.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, Wally- we have a Tony and Tina's Wedding here in Vegas as well!! at the Rio - i believe!! and i think its produced by Mike Gill, who was the original producer for STORM, where i play-

Wow- too bad you arent coming to Vegas-

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Adrian, always like going to Vegas. Haven't heard from Lowdowners in Tahoe but I'm sure I find something happening on a Saturday night. Is it hard sitting down to type these messages with that new bass hanging around your neck? :D

Wally

its kinda tricky not to ding it against the keyboard tray!! but hey, i gotta post!!- i love Tahoe, man- love the snow...the skiing... enjoy it!!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I never did a follow-up to my trip to Tahoe. The music scene up there definitely isn't what it used to be especially for the lounge and club bands. Harrah's had dueling pianos, Cesar's a one-man band playing keys with sequencing, the Hard Rock Cafe at Harvey's had a four piece rock band playing covers. I did catch one group I would recommend that plays in a club called the Pub which is actually about 100 yards into the California side. They play there every Friday & Saturday. Trey Stone is the guitar player and it's his group. R&B, funk and blues with good musicianship, a good groovin' bass player and drummer. That night they had a second guitar player who was actually a sub but I didn't know that until the end of the night. They usually have a keyboard player. It was enjoyable enough to stay for two sets on Saturday night right up to the end. It was the only place that I felt like hangin' and would go back again next time I go to Tahoe.

Wally

Archived