Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sansamp bass driver vs. Dunlop MXR M-80

Jay J.

I am thinking about buying a preamp type of thing to plug my bass into and then plug it into my amp. I have looked at the sansamp bass driver DI, and the Dunlop MXR M-80 Bass DI+

I am looking for some opinios on these two I can't find a music shop near me that carries them so I will probably have to order it over the net. if there are any other ones that you might recomend also I would be happy to take a look at em. my budget is basically around 200 dollars (cheaper is better)

thanks for any advise you are able to give me.

Jason.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just had a little chat about this very topic. I settled on the Sans Amp RBI which is the same but in a rack and with midrange. I replaced a very wonderful SWR Redhead with it and I can finally say I have no regrets. I can mimic the SWR and some other amps quite easily with it.

I would imagine the DI model also is very nice sounding but you lose a little control without the midrange knob. The MXR has a street price of $125 which means you definately should give it a test. It looks like it has the same things as the SansAmp DI.

It took me a while to get used to the cabinet emulator. It adds a shape to the tone I wasn't used to on my Redhead.

I am convinced that you will love the SanAMP. As for the MXR, it looks good but I haven't heard it.

Archived