Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Inventions for the next decade

As I do every year, I'll enlighten your simple minds with thoughts that will be soon stolen by those who can do R&D cheaply. In the next decade (or little after) we'll see: -ACTIVE PAPER you will see animated pictures, small videos and the like on special paper. -SUPERTRACKING hd recording, sampling, remixing and midi sequencing all integrated within a new protocol that uses fixed, powered and non-mobile memory, probably even larger than HD and not so delicate. -VOICE, FIGURE OR CHARACTER MODELING in the same way as analog-modeling synths work, we will have famous actors, or singers, or whatever, modelled and then super-imposed on existing actors or singers or whatever, obviously thru a media such as TV or the like. -MEGACASTING all types of broadcasting, video renting, cable tv, Cd listening and such will be unified thru a mega system and a single receiving apparatus that will present you with a choosing list. You will still be able to buy them, though. -A REAL MIDI GUITAR THAT REALLY WORKS well this is close to what we have now, but it needs to be designed from the ground up, can't build it upon existing guitars. -TWO-LEVELS CITIES (this has to be pushed farther ahead in the centuries, though). the cities will have the above-ground life that we know now, but all the commercial traffic, public transportation, delivery, industrial production, and trucking will happen underground, at subway level, and elevators will cater to upstairs. That's all for this year, see you next one. Young Obi Wan.
Max Ventura, Italy.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote]Originally posted by daklander: [b]What happened to the anti suck pills??? Swallow one and you'll shine... Swallow two you'll be divine...[/b][/quote]I lost mine. Can you spare a couple?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey Dak, now that you're working in Oceanside can you score me a couple of those pills also? I predict that in the next decade we will have: 1. Jeeps that wont roll-over. 2. More Gold Members in this forum. 3. A cure for diabetes using perfected islet cell transplants. 4. Girlfriends/spouses that dont mind us being musicians. 5. Keyboardists that dont double the bass line with the bass player. 6. Bass players that actually learn the songs. 7. Guitar players that can play rhythm (all the way through a song without soloing) 8. Drummers that can shuffle (all the way through a song without any semblance of a straight 4/4 beat) Ok, maybe 7 & 8 will take more than a decade to accomplish...I can dream, cant I? :) ikestr
...hertz down low....

What ever happened to those personal nuclear powered helicopters that the comic books of the erly sixties promised the goivernment would give to each of us. OK I'll settle for no potholes. To me one big thing yet to be fully developed is much more advanced human/machine interfaces. For instance, in music software, just tell the machine what you want to hear then tweak to taste and let the machine learn what you mean for future reference. So, Mr cubase, please give me the same guitar tone as on Hendrix's little wing solo....

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

[quote]Originally posted by midispaceho: [b]Where's the flying cars. I thought we were supposed to have flying cars now?[/b][/quote]take a look at [url=http://www.solotrek.com]www.solotrek.com[/url] and be patient...

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/spacedocumentary/story/0,2763,719147,00.html]people will live on the moon.[/url] oh, and i think those anti-suck pills are already on the market. i had a girlfriend a few years ago who must have been taking them.

and from the to-be-announced merger of Sony and Line 6 . . . modelling amps that play what you WANTED to play instead of what you ACTUALLY played :eek:

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

[quote]Originally posted by wager47: [b]oh, and i think those anti-suck pills are already on the market. i had a girlfriend a few years ago who must have been taking them.[/b][/quote]Now that's entertainment. :D :cry:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by deanmass: [b]I am still pretty much waiting on the Orgasmatron from 'Sleeper"....[/b][/quote]LMAO! Love that movie. At least we now have the robot pet dog... How about an integrated, SPL meter/electroshock device? Every time a musician raised their volume beyond a preset SPL they'd get 50,000 volts, direct to the genitals... (It'll never work. Some masochistic headbanger will [i]enjoy[/i] it and the loud noise will continue! ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived