Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT To my forum friends...

I want to thank all of you who've comiserated with me since I was downsized last October. You're aware I've been looking hard & things weren't happening. Well, I took a position that finally come up, one I didn't really want but circumstances forced the situation. The compensation, annually, was acceptable but the hours were killer. I've been there going on 3 weeks. Thursday,on the way to work, the "oh dah" cellphone rang. It was from the HR person I'd been in touch with for the position I wanted, with the company I wanted to work for. I got and accepted an offer. I filled out all the paperwork today, picked up the assigned company vehicle and verified the arrangements for the drive to another area for the necessary training and accomodations. Man, am I smiling :D :D :D . This position's requirement is what I do best, not forgetting the music. I do love the music & do OK at it, but I am much more expert in the equipment/fleet management field. I strive to become as proficient at music as I am in equipment fleet management but have failed so far. You guys have been the shoulder I needed to lean on during these hard times. I'm so glad you were there for me. I'll do my best to be there for you if you need me. As most of you know, the music is a very important part of our lives but not necessarily the life blood. As much as we love the music, it doesn't pay the mortgage, let alone the other things we need to produce our music. We're left with the need to work in other fields to attempt our goals in the musical field. Your support in my musical endeavors is appreciated but your support for me in my trials in my job search mean more to me, somehow... Thank all of you. I will truly do my best to be the person to lean on when you need that help. I'll be pretty much out of touch after Saturday, the 11th. I will get back on the forums as soon as I can. Love Ya All & thanks again. Dak

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whew, Dak, good news. I was a bit worried, knowing your other battle with cancer, that perhaps things were a bit rough right now on that front. But, good news? I can handle that!!! :D :D :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

"....and the lone cowboy goes off in the sunset." Dak, you're the coolest brother, I wish you all the best, and you will be missed from this place for sure. Get back as soon as you can. And when you come back, post a "It all ends now" thread like in Wyatt Earp when Costner bust in the saloon ending the first half of the movie(you think I'm little too deep into that movie :D ). Until then, take care brother, and know that this place has lost a little of its glow until your return. Jedi aka Zen Bastard

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Just when I needed a lift...excellent timing!! I was about to say I'm so glad this forum provided some help during the tough times, but the forum has nothing to do with it: it's the WAY COOL people who hang out here. As for you, Gus, you seem like the kind of person most companies would kill to have working for them. Your positive spirit and ability to make things happen would be an asset no matter where you worked. I'm sure it won't be long before some organization comes along that's intelligent enough to not only hire you, but make sure you stay happy enough that you don't leave!!

Craig & Cereal: [b]Thanks !!! [/b] I'm really enjoying this "idle" time. Fortunately I have been able to do a lot of things I wouln't if I was still working for a corporation. With a little help and luck I'm perhaps getting a gret offer this next week. Just wish me luck. HEY ! This is NOT my post. Congrats again to Daklander :D This is not only about music. This is a real community. Thanks again :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Archived