Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Answered!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks!

Well i've written approx. 40 songs,

always loved poetry with music, I do my best but I'm no paul simon (huge influence on my writing)

I just try to surround myself with other songwriters; just listening to them, or playing with them, I learn a lot. I have a friend I've played a couple gigs with who wrote over 100 songs in a year, then chose his best 10 for an album. He's really got it together. I think poetry in songwriting is becoming lost in modern times....I want to help bring it back

Peace ~

cool mr pollack

you have inspired me to start a new thread on poetry and songwriting

i think you should join in now you have been greeted..

we need MANY EXCITED PEOPLE TO MAKE THIS PART OF THE FORUM COME TO LIFE

check out the new thread everyone.

In case the threads get separated, here\'s the link to AUSSIEKEYS\' poetry and songwriting thread.

pollock wrote: I think poetry in songwriting is becoming lost in modern times....I want to help bring it back
If you've read my post on the above mentioned thread, you know I'm no poet. However, I recently received a compliment from a friend of a friend. After hearing me for the first time she asked, "How come nobody writes songs like that anymore?"

It may not be poetry, but I'm straying from the "I wanna get in your pants" and teenage angst lyrics commonly found in today's pop music. It's not quite country, though; my city slicker vocabulary wouldn't fly in those circles.

Whatever it is, it must be getting better; my wife complains less and less about it as time goes on. :D

Archived