Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Composer Chapter of the Week" Club

I just checked my Amazon order and it now says estimated shipping date is Sept 28th :(

I guess this thread is putting a strain on supplies ;)

I'm damn looking forward to playing a part in this. And I've even started getting a website designed to promote my business (songwriting / composition etc). You have me fired up :thu:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RaGe:

Geoff, it may take time for things to start ... So hang in there! Having this discussion will be "supa kewl"(sorry I'm french) :D

Don't worry, Regis, I'm a patient man; and for what it's worth, I'm not sorry you're French! As a typical American, I have a mixed heritage; and in my case, a little of it is French.

Aussi, j'étudias français au lycée pour trois ans et demi, et j'ai gagné tous "A"s. Mais il y a 30 ans depuis j'étudias français maintenant, et je ne me souviens pas très bien.

Originally posted by David Holloway:

I guess this thread is putting a strain on supplies ;)

:D

Originally posted by David Holloway:

I'm damn looking forward to playing a part in this. And I've even started getting a website designed to promote my business (songwriting / composition etc). You have me fired up :thu:

How cool! That's great news! :thu:

Thanks for checking in, David! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

That's good news - only trouble is my books ship out of Hong Kong (even though I order from the US site) - so myabe that's why I am being quoted end of Sept...

:)

Well, since we're on a new page, I might as well post the reported status list again:

Has A Copy of "The Guide To MIDI Orchestration" And Is Ready To Go:

cnegrad (Mark)

Geoff Grace

David Holloway

Linwood

Has A Copy of "The Guide To MIDI Orchestration" In Transit:

FrankieP

Will Have To Wait To Buy A Copy of "The Guide To MIDI Orchestration:"

RaGe (Regis)

Please let me know if anything changes or if there are corrections I should make to the list above.

Thanks.

Best,

Geoff

file me under "has a copy but is currently boxed and heading its way to Tampa" . :(;)

Hi Geoff... just checking in on how the club is doing. I see that you guys haven't started yet. I might just be able to join you. Only 2 weeks left til the big move. :)

So now the question at hand is when do we start?

Which of these options do you folks prefer:

1) Mark and Geoff start this week and let everyone else play catch up as their copies arrive

2) Start once all five people who own or have ordered "The Guide To MIDI Orchestration" have their copies in hand, and let everyone else play catch up as their copies arrive

3) Wait to start until all eight people who've expressed an interest have their copies in hand

4) Some other date (pick a date and state a reason)

Best,

Geoff

I don't mind waiting. I think we all stand to benefit by having larger group participation. The only downside to waiting is running the risk that when everyone is ready, that I might then be too busy with other stuff. But I'm cool with that; I won't try to hold up the rest of the group if that happens.

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

So now the question at hand is when do we start?

Which of these options do you folks prefer:

2) Start once all five people who own or have ordered "The Guide To MIDI Orchestration" have their copies in hand, and let everyone else play catch up as their copies arrive

That's my choice though easy for me to say as I fall into that group of five ;)

Just got an email from AMazon today saying they are shipping the other two books but not Gilreath. Bugger.

I will search other online book stores to see if I can get it elsewhere...

David, I found this information at the publisher\'s site :

In Australia, you can find the book at Major Music .
Edit: I followed the link above and discovered that Major Music is no longer open for business.

I take it that the Barnes And Noble link I posted on page one was useless for down under. Is that right?

Perhaps an e-mail to the publishers themselves will point you in the right direction: orders@musicworks-atlanta.com

Good luck, David. I hope you'll be able to find another source.

Best,

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

David, that's too bad; but I understand, you have to put school first.

By the way, if any of you who can't participate in reading the book wish to participate by asking questions of those of us who are reading, then please feel free to do so.

Best,

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...