Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CommieMart: The Jingle

Here's what we have so far...but like all good and memorable lyrics for International Jingles they are not just written...they are rewritten...so chime in with additional verses or great ideas... thanks...

Ok children this is what we have so far...

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya kill another baby when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, kick Grandma Jones from her home when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, kill America's economy when ya shop at CommieMart

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, the first part of the International Jingle for CommieMart sounds a little like the Spiderman theme...but we can change that...

C'mon we can do this a make it far better, ok children?

Now let's all try singing it real lound once again...

CommieMart, CommieMart, kick Grandma Jones from her home when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, kill America's economy when ya shop at CommieMart

Ok, after some more research here's what I have so far:

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya beat 'n slap another slave-wage worker when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya aid Human Rights Violations and Religious Intolerance when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya ruin the sky and the water when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya kick Grandma Jones from her home when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya kill America's economy when ya shop at CommieMart

Johnny, I keep seeing this referenced over on the SSS Pseudo-Political Argument Forum.

I'm never sure but I keep imagining that you're all-at-it over WalMart setting up in China...right?

As a way to know for sure what one might contribute, are you against WalMart or their opting for business with a (pseudo)communist country*...& how's abortion fit in? Is that about the Chinese family limitation policy or something here in USA?

I tried to check the link you offered but gave up after waiting 5 minutes/still loading (It's the freaking 21st C., man, I want it now.)

Anyway, it would be easier to contribute if one had an idea how this actually sounds---cadence, etc.

I would mention that it seems your tag-line, "Save America; Save the World" seems to fit, meter-wise.

[*Personally, I think they've sucked from near the git-go & have long been a faux-"American" business, opposed to workers's rights & anything but the bottom line. Sam Walton=J.D.Rockefeller]

The truth is both Clinton and Bush sucked on this one, Clinton set the stage, then Bush made it far worse.

All the lines have a basis in fact....

So our new advertising Jingle should ring with accuaracy as well as dark humor and political sarcasim

We could get really serious and work on the meter of the words and even a childlike melody...just like a real ad...

C'mon people, surely we can improve these lyrics...

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya beat 'n slap another slave-wage worker when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya aid Human Rights Violations and Religious Intolerance when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya ruin the sky and the water when ya shop at CommieMart

CommieMart, CommieMart, ya kick Grandma Jones from her home when ya shop at CommieMart

No, I don't think that's it...

I think you mean "to write a jingle the world will want to sing".

Clearly you have an agenda that you want to express & there's nothing wrong with that but one thing I've noticed, especially amoungst the posters on Music Player's Political Forum, is an unwillingness---or perhaps an unrealization of the neccessity---to try to put things in a way that will influence people, as opposed to just blowing out their feelings.

You can express yourself one way & perhaps nothing will change; try another tack & perhaps you will get more to join your side.

This can usually be done without changing the intent of expression, just the nuance of it.

What is it that you really want as a result of this exercise?

What the hell is CommieMart?

My first thought (being Canadian and having been invaded by Wal-Mart) is that it's... Wal-Mart. But then Wal-Mart is the Acme of Retail Perfection and the Pinnacle of Capitalist Dominance so it can't be Wal-Mart.

Give me a hint and maybe I can contribute something.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by Guitars are like shoes. But louder.:

My first thought (being Canadian and having been invaded by Wal-Mart) is that it's... Wal-Mart. But then Wal-Mart is the Acme of Retail Perfection and the Pinnacle of Capitalist Dominance so it can't be Wal-Mart.

While quite capitalist in their treatment of employees, WalMart in recent years has shifted their prior touting of "American made" products to include, like most retailers, goods made in China & other bastions of "quality" & integrity.

This has little or actually less than nothing to do with Communism.

We used to have little "Made in Canada" things on everything manufactured up here. That's been gone for years now.

Between the General Agreement on Tarrifs & Trade (GATT) and Free Trade NAFTA style countries have to look at corporation as something other than national posessions.

The U.S.A., love its' soul, doesn't own General Electric. General Electric owns part of the U.S.A. as does Sony, Ford and all manor of international corporations. America is BROKE, FLAT Bankrupt. Has been for decades & we're in the same boat here in Canada!

These companies have spent the last 50 years divesting themselves of the notion that they are tied to any single country.

Unfortunately for us, you, me... we still think they owe us something, a job, fair pricing, access. We're either junkies or monkeys but behind bars none the less.

Give 'em all shit. I'll support your cause if you're passionate about it :thu:

Originally posted by Johnny B:

[QB]The first step is to repeal all those stupid trade agreements...

Isn't that kind of why Japan bombed Pearl Harbor :freak:

Isolationist political policies will get you... well it will get you killed in the end.

It certainly did for those in Afghanistan!

Oh.. and for the trade agreements... the multinational companies want them. It lets them control the governments that they want so badly to own.

Only some big corporate execs want the stupid and unfair trade deals...others are starting to see the light....

Last night, on PBS there was a wonderful piece that Bill Moyers did on GATT, NAFTA and the rest...it was shocking to say the least....

One corporation [MetalClad (Sp?)] used some secret non-public tribunal and a Chapter 11 NAFTA claim to say a small town in Mexico had to take its cancer-causing toxic waste...They got the secret tribunal to award this greedy corporation 16 million dollars....outrageous....

NAFTA and GATT should be repealed since they have such un-democratric provisions which attempt to do away with a soverign government's police power...It's totally bad...wrong...immoral and unethical....

Ok, let's go back to improving our International Jingle for CommieMart....

Originally posted by Guitars are like shoes. But louder.:

Oh.. and for the trade agreements... the multinational companies want them. It lets them control the governments that they want so badly to own.

Big news---they already own/control them!

Multi-national corporations have grown beyond the scale of any government that allows them into a country.

Re: my earlier comments on influencing others rather than attacking them...

I suggest this analogy: If you try to kill an infected organism, all parts die.

If you try to innoculate it, to give it some subtle antigens to fight the infection, it may recover, survive & be stronger.

See what I'm getting at?

You---or at lest I---want to get people to develop their own discretionary thinking & see my point rather than bludgeon them into submission.

Well there's an idea...but we still have to complete our Interntional Jingle for CommieMart:

Is this the Johnny B. I've talked to on the d8b forum, and who I've conversed with via email a few times? If so, what the hell has happened to you, Johnny? You're acting like Gollum obsessed with that fucking ring. LET THE RING GO!

Listen, I know you to be a bright, intelligent person with a good mind. What is this nonsense all about? What a spectacular waste of time and energy. If you want to change the world, go volunteer at a convalescent hospital and be kind and comforting to the patients there. Let them tell you their life's story. It will change yours for the better. Do something that's positive and loving. That's how you change the world around you. You're not accomplishing anything with this other than annoying people and spreading hatred and fear and foolishness.

I'm serious, man, you're way out there with your behavior. Get it together. Write some real music and lyrics, not this hateful, and pathetic garbage.

Come on, man. I know you're better than this! Come out of the cave and into the light. Start out by asking the moderators to delete this thread.

Sincerely,

Dan Worley

Archived