Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

finished some tunes

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I read the name "Rufus Kahn" I think I expected something that sounded like Chaka Khan or Rufus... For someone new to recording, sounded pretty good to me, but then, I'm not a recording whiz. I'm more of a "try to play my guitar and chew gum at the same time" kinda guy. Actually, you might want to post this on the "Is my music any good" thread...which is just for this purpose. You might have to scroll back a page or two to bump it back to the top... Good luck.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

thanks for listening tedster.. rufus and khan are my dogs names and i never thought of the Rufus/chaka reference but thats funny.i think i may have to change that. i guess the name doesnt really matter as i just posted them for some opinions from the real world thanks for the tip on the "Is my music any good" thread john

I enjoyed your songs, thanks for sharing them. Ahhh the internet... Anyway, my comment is regarding vocals. I would kill all the processing, save maybe a little reverb. As is, they are drowning in FX, and it sounds like you are trying to cover up a weak vocal track. Don't. Just let it be, it'll sound a lot better. Fave song: Head

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

It does sound pretty good. I'd put the snare down and back a little bit more. I especially liked the cowbell poking out on the choruses! Acoustics sound nice and are played well. The vocal being so distorted puts the song out of reach of the populus, IMO. Some vocal mutterings off to the sides around minute 1:35 would add some nice depth to the instrumentation.

thanks for the listen guys ! as you notice the vocal fx ARE tryin to cover my weak voice but i also have an affinity for dissonance and lo fi sounds especially mixed with clean sounds super8 head is also one of my favorites...at least the chorus... im not so happy with the verse wally thats cool you heard the cowbell... i was afraid it got buried thanks for the feedbac

Keep in mind that all are opinions...and, when someone posts an opinion, you're free to say "Nope, I liked it the way I did it". Which is fine. I gathered that the effects on the vocal were just that, for effect. A lot of bands have used 'em. If that's what the song calls for, go for it. I double a lot of my vocals, because I like the way it sounds. I posted one of my tunes on another board and someone said, "Quit doubling your vocals". And I said, "Nope"...because I liked it that way, and if that particular guy didn't, too bad. Just his opinion against mine.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by UncleHerb: [b]rufus and khan are my dogs names[/b][/quote]You named a dog after little old me??? Thanks, I love dogs. :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Archived