Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone out there used the Akai DPS24 yet?

Akai DPS24 I'm still waiting for the DPS24 to be critisized. It has many features and options: lots of inputs, lots of tracks, pitch corrector, multi-band compression, 96K ability. This can be carried under one arm. The user interface appears to be clear and easy, unlike similar products from Roland and Yamaha. What are the disadvantages: 3-band EQ for each channel (ONE of them fully parametric, the other two are shelving sweepable) is skimpy compared to the competition. EQ is something I don't want skimpy. There is "a 4-band fully parametric" EQ in the effects section, but I assume only one track at a time would be able to access it. How do the effects sound, are they professionally made?. How does the rest of it sound (pre-amps, A to D's). How loud is it in the room (fan, hard drive noise.Are the bugs out. Has anyone out there used a DPS24 yet? EyeGod

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by eyegod: [b]Akai DPS24 I'm still waiting for the DPS24 to be critisized. It has many features and options: lots of inputs, lots of tracks, pitch corrector, multi-band compression, 96K ability. This can be carried under one arm. The user interface appears to be clear and easy, unlike similar products from Roland and Yamaha. What are the disadvantages: 3-band EQ for each channel (ONE of them fully parametric, the other two are shelving sweepable) is skimpy compared to the competition. EQ is something I don't want skimpy. There is "a 4-band fully parametric" EQ in the effects section, but I assume only one track at a time would be able to access it. How do the effects sound, are they professionally made?. How does the rest of it sound (pre-amps, A to D's). How loud is it in the room (fan, hard drive noise.Are the bugs out. Has anyone out there used a DPS24 yet? EyeGod[/b][/quote]:wave: Do a Sarch Here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/akaidps12/ AKAI DPS12, DPS16 & DSP24! :thu:

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Archived