Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

American Bandstand 50th...dog or good show?

Kinda' had the 2 hour show on while I was reading some mags...and I was just so unimpressed with the whole thing...for a 50th bash...it was trash. I know there was a LOT of ground to cover...but they just took tiny sound bites and then ran them at very high speed...if you coughed or blinked while watching...you could have easily missed like 10 artists being mentioned! And...the few "live" performances...MAN...it seemed like everyone picked a shit song to do!!! Cher looked like she was having a bit of trouble following the playback. :eek: Michael just held on to his balls for most of his performance...but then, isn't that all he does lately... :bor: Allanis...well, she just stood there in her "rock star pose" and howled into the mic...though I think she actually WAS doing it "live". That other girl...was it Brandy?...WOW...she couldn't sing worth a shit...and her song was also a poor choice too...kinda' dead...and that's the way she sang. :( Though Dennis Quaid actually did a pretty good Jerry Lee Lewis impersonation...why didn't they just get Jerry to do his own song??? Little Richard...and that "all star band"...my last hope for the show... :cry: ...nothing to write home to mom about. Did they even rehearse the show at all? All in all...a waste of air time. Well, Dick has 50 years to improve on it...I'm sure he'll still be at it in 2052 for the 100th!!! :p

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was what it was, a fast paced nastalgic historical documentation about something that's been around about as long as me. I didn't expect much from it. Time would probably have been better spent just waiting for the book to come out. ;)

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

I never had much expectation since the show hardly ever had true live performances. Cher's performance knocked me to another channel for quite a while. I returned just in time to see "Tast of Honey", who's singer played bass better than she sang, and that was not saying a lot. After a while I changed to basketball and never looked back. Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

And not having 2 original members of KISS there...didn't see it but must've been kind of a bummer...see [url=http://eddietrunk.com/news/article.php?news_id=539]this[/url] article...

The finale at the end, the "dream band" or whatever they called it, was kind of depressing. I mean, Ray Parker Jr. (?!!) was up there for pete's sake! And Little Richard looked scary like a singing corpse. My girlfriend and I noticed that he did not blink once through the whole performance. Oh yeah, Michael Jackson was awful too, I just want to hear him sing, not grab his nuts which is about all he did.

Certainly it wasn't what it could have been. And that band at the end? Like all those guitars were coming through? Jerry Springer wasn't playing for real. The only positive I saw as the high end basses used by many of the groups - along with the Fenders, there was an MTD, Ken Smith, and that Andreas Shark !! Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived