Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Catch my band live on the radio!

Hey all, Sorry for the semi-spam, but I know we have a few fans on here and thought I'd let anyone know who might be interested: my band, What The...?, is doing a live radio broadcast tomorrow night (Tuesday, April 30th) at 10 PM Eastern time. It will be an hour of all original rock'n'roll, played totally live. The broadcast will be on WREK (the Georgia Tech station) 91.1 FM if you live in the Atlanta area. If you're outside the broadcast area, you can still catch the show live on the Internet! Just go to http://www.wrek.org and you can listen to the stream. I think they keep the shows archived for a week too, so in case you miss it, you should be able to find it on there for at least another week. If anyone here does listen, hope you enjoy! We're looking forward to it. --Lee

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great Lee! I'll be looking forward to it. I just started a new job, gotta pay the bills, & I'll probably get home just about the time you're scheduled to start so I may have to catch the archive. Have a blast & "break a leg". :thu:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Great show! You are awesome. Let's Go Driving was fun. The song right after that was great. I liked the songs in the last thirty minutes a lot.
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

I missed the live broadcast but I'm listening to the rerun now. Listening to "Juiced Again" and really liking it. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

WOOHAA LEE! I got in on the last 20 minutes or so. Great stuff. I'll be hittin' up the archives in the next day or so to hear the whole gig. I tried to listen to the following act. Couldn't hang. You guys blew them so far in the weeds they'll never find their way out. I got the feeling that the last time I critiqued your live performance & thought the lead vocal was a bit too compressed kinda tweaked your jaws. Well I gotta tell you this go around I didn't hear anything to bitch about. Maybe now you can un-tweak. :D I really enjoyed what I heard. :thu:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Hey all! Just got back from the station and listening to a CD of the broadcast now. Well, we couldn't hear the vocals really at all, but we had fun... I dunno though, the CD doesn't sound all that good to us! LOL... I mean, NOTHING like it sounded in the room. I think the CD mix might be different from what went over the air though...hmm. But ah well, it was fun at the time, and it's cool that some of you got to hear it! --Lee

Steve's right on. The live stream that [b]I[/b] heard was excellent. The mix was on & the set was really good so your cd mix must have been a different mix than what was going out on the air.

Our Joint

sorry lee, but i had a choice of sitting in front of the computer trying to download you guys, OR hanging out drinking, and seeing the Yayhoos on their last show before they leave for germany. i'll try the archive... hope it went well. -d. gauss http://www.betteroffdead.com

Well shit d gauss, I'd have caught the Yayhoos too! We thought it went pretty well (listening to the MP3 now, and yeah it sounds better than the CD, still kinda funky but oh well...). We THOUGHT it was gonna be a complete disaster, it was raining like hell when we were trying to load in, and none of our equipment was working right when we rehearsed for a bit earlier...LOL... but I guess that's always how it goes, we did enjoy playing as we usually do, and nothing broke, so that's cool! :D --Lee

[quote]Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc: [b]Dillweed, http://www.wrek.org/stream/schedule.shtml Scroll down to 10PM Tuesday where it says "Live at WREK" there's about 2-3 minutes of some weird tune then Lee's band starts.[/b][/quote]Heh heh - that's WREK, home of the weird! :thu:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lee Flier:... [ We THOUGHT it was gonna be a complete disaster, it was raining like hell when we were trying to load in, and none of our equipment was working right when we rehearsed for a bit earlier...LOL... but I guess that's always how it goes, we did enjoy playing as we usually do, and nothing broke, so that's cool! :D hey lee-you know that adage: "bad rehearsal-great gig" and vice versa,most times. s
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Yeah, the only screwy thing is it looks like only the first 30 minutes that get saved in the archive. If you have a broadband connection though, you can download the whole thing at: http://stonehenge.tn.gatech.edu/~live/listen.html Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Yeah DEFINITELY the vocals weren't loud enough at all... we couldn't hear 'em in the monitors either, but a lot of other bands we've talked to that have done that show say that the vocals are usually much louder in the actual air mix. In our case, they weren't. :( We do a lot of harmonies and things like that so it's too bad they can't be heard... but oh well... we had fun so that's cool. Our drummer played really well too, it was fun to listen to him! --Lee

Very cool, Lee! I downloaded the low fi version last night and listened to a bit. You definately show your influences (Stones) in your guitar playing. Is that the '52 you're picking? Yes, the vox were too low. I kept waiting to hear you sing.. now I know you were! :rolleyes: Otherwise, it was a pretty decent net stream. On my 56k (More like 44k!) connection, the low fi MP3 downloaded relatively quick. I think it's hilarious that they use the .M3U windows media redirect route for download. I wanted to save it to edit the extraneous stuff out. All I had to do was find the MP3 file in my temp. internet folder. :D That's some tight copy protection. ;) BTW, what happened to the audio on the first song. The audio faded out for a whole minute, then faded back in. Can anyone tell me if the broadband hifi version has this problem? Either way, you have some good songs and good players. Now, when are you gonna take care of the van situation and play here in Nashville? :confused: ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b] I downloaded the low fi version last night and listened to a bit. You definately show your influences (Stones) in your guitar playing. Is that the '52 you're picking?[/b][/quote]Yessir! It actually didn't sound anything like it did in the room. They seem to have rolled a lotta high end out of the guitar... but... yes it was the '52. [quote][b] On my 56k (More like 44k!) connection, the low fi MP3 downloaded relatively quick. I think it's hilarious that they use the .M3U windows media redirect route for download. I wanted to save it to edit the extraneous stuff out. All I had to do was find the MP3 file in my temp. internet folder. :D That's some tight copy protection. ;) [/b][/quote]LOL... actually they do have the whole thing available for download (in hi fi) at the URL I posted above. [quote][b] BTW, what happened to the audio on the first song. The audio faded out for a whole minute, then faded back in. Can anyone tell me if the broadband hifi version has this problem?[/b][/quote]Yeah it does, although the CD they gave us, doesn't. Basically they just screwed up. :D It was pretty funny, we'd started playing and all of a sudden about a minute into it, this guy came racing into the studio from the control room and started telling the DJ to flip a few switches... we didn't know what was up but found out later that it was because we weren't actually broadcasting until he ran in there....LOL. Hey, it's college radio! [quote][b] Either way, you have some good songs and good players. Now, when are you gonna take care of the van situation and play here in Nashville? :confused: ;) [/b][/quote]Glad you enjoyed it, although I'm not sure how representative it was...heheh...there's some other live stuff on our web site which is probably more like what we sound like cuz I mixed it that way. :D But anyhow... yeah... playing in Nashville. We wanna! Where should we play do you think? --Lee

Archived