Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RNC Power Pack

I have a chance to grab a mint condition RNC (Really Nice Compressor) from one of the studios I work in, but it needs a wall wart. Not just any wall wart, but a 9VAC :eek: one. Anyone know where I can find a powerpack like that (can't just roll up to Radio Shack, can I??

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Shack. The power packs that they sell have open ended connectors. You can pick out a prong that will fit your gear. Make sure that you get the right impedence. I'm sure the info is on RNCs website or you can email them.
If you live in the Washington Metro area, check out Slave Audio

Thanks guys. I went to the Radio Shack website and saw a variable 9-18VAC pack. The impedence goes up to 800 mA (the RNC is at 600). Looks like I'll be grabbing it up tonight...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I have a couple of RNCs as well as a couple of DIO AD / DA converters that all use 9VAC. I found that they all sound better when I used a beefier power supply. Right now Im using a monolithic supply on the dio but that costs almost twice the cost of the unit (read too much) but it does make the unit sound very good. The next best choice is a rat shack stancor power supply ($35) which is the same thing as an atari power supply which can be bought from hosfelt electronics for $4. It is actually much better than the oem supply. Frost

Frost! I just tried an DIO and the D/A sounds slightly distorted (when playing regular CD's), is this typically a part of the DIO's "sound" or might there be some problem? Thanks /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

The sound of the dio is not distorted at all, however it does have a VERY hot output so you either need to add a resistor or some kind of pad if your preamp inputs cant handle the level. Boulder cables makes one, you can build one yourself It sounds like thats the problem to me tho. Frost

Archived