Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tempo and PT help needed TODAY...

Here is the situation: One of the songs on the next project I am producing was cut WITHOUT a click track (I didn't work on the live recording-they brought me in to clean up). When we pulled it to listen, I noticed that the drummer speeds up during the vamp. It is noticable enough to my ears (and even moreso since we triggered new drums hits from the audio tracks), so much so that I wanted to pull it off the project. As it would happen, it is the title track and the last cut to be worked on (we master tomorrow). It is a great song, but the tempo issue is bothering me. Most folks probably will get too into the groove to notice, but I do. Is there a way in PT to correct the tempo for the vamp (match it to the earlier part of the song)? We are talking 60 tracks with all OD's... My last chance to deal with this is tonight so I need to figure out what I am going to do. Help a brotha out, y'all...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel for ya... I`m not familiar with PT but in DP there is a "match soundbites to sequence tempo" command. Give that a try in PT. (I`m sure you have that in PT) on the other hand... If the vamp feels really good then just leave it. This happens in songs all the time. As engineers we sometimes feel we have to have control over everything but we should get out of the way and let the music shine so if it feels right, leave it. As you said yourself, the average listener will not hear it so... Peace, Ernest

Archived