Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moderator Spam: www.craiganderton.com

Well KHAN, you KNOW I appreciate the Gyrenes, and I love your work, but I gotta say, if you weren't SLEEPING ON DUTY and had caught Craig's obvious spamming when it happened, I wouldn't have beat you to it! :D Hey CRAIG, I'll be checking it out in a few minutes (darn slow dialup!!!) - sorry to go OT on your thread. I'll move the ADAM stuff to a new thread, or at least start a new thread on them. Again, sorry 'bout that!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds like a plan, im DREADING getting [paying for] 3 more s3-a's for surround [but i WILL do it one day] not to mention the s4c's i want [unpowered] with a colorful amp for a listening room [i dont want them to ruin cd's i like but sonically suck as much] just to dispell the notion of craigs earlier... the ADAMs most definately not make anything sound good. i cant imagine a sub either with these.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

Yup, if anything, if your music SUCKS, you'll know it RIGHT NOW on ADAM's - that's why I LOVE these things. :thu: BTW CRAIG, your music definitely does NOT suck - that sounds GREAT on a set of ADAMs. I really liked the panning things you did - I like mixes with some "annimation" to them, you know, where things don't just "sit" there in a static manner. BTW, the kick rocked HARD - nice, tight and punchy! What did you use for that? Did you record / edit / loop in Sonar or something else? Oh, and one more question: Any of that stuff done with a guitar synth as a controller? :) Q: "what am I waiting for?" A: My slow dialup modem (gotta get DSL or cable... :rolleyes: ) Absolutely rocking work by the moderator! BRAVO!

well i am completely impressed-i'm gonna play that alotta times,hope thats cool... thats the 1st music i've heard from you,craig since that sound page from'guitar gadgets' which i bought the day it came out back whenever that was('83?) and which i *still* play every once in a while :cool: s
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Frankly, I wasn't expecting such a strong response, so I'll definitely be uploading more tunes on a regular basis. If you listen over the course of the next year, you'll hear lots of different types of music...maybe next one will be a "music that helps pay the bills" entry, like one of my movie themes. <> All the drum and synth sounds are ASR-X. The song was originally part of my live act circa 1998. When I started working on Sexy World, I loaded the files into Acid and added vocals. << Did you record / edit / loop in Sonar or something else? >> This was pre-Sonar -- it was done entirely in Acid, so there was plenty of looping :) << Oh, and one more question: Any of that stuff done with a guitar synth as a controller? >> No, that was all regular guitar and keyboards. Pretty straightforward stuff, actually.

Craig, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! I REALLY enjoyed your song a lot. I'm going to play it for my wife this afternoon and let her check it out. You know, normally techno type stuff isn't my cup of java. It's not that I dislkie synths (I actually have been using / owned them since the early '80's), it's just that a lot of it, to my ears, just "sits there" / and -or is too repetitive without bringing in enough variation and new elements to attract and hold my attention. I'm not saying it's ALL like that... I'm open to any suggestions for more electronica / techno type things that may be a bit more interesting... for example, I REALLY liked Craig's song, and I think the soundtrack for the movie "The Matrix" was incredible... Anyway, thanks again - GREAT song - please keep 'em coming!

My attempt downloaded the first time, with no problems, on a 56k modem, just a few minutes ago. This track reminds me of some of the lesser-known dance remixes of Level 42 material
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

hey Craig, it took me a while to get it to download too, but that’s jus crappy uk phone lines for you…. But it was well worth the effort, not what I was expecting at all, nice & cool…. In addition, it has to be said, your article in the May SOS, "Hit Factors, the link between music & emotional response" is a fascinating read…. As I come from both a music & finance background seeing this stuff as graphs made a huge amount of sense to me, I never would have analyzed it this much myself as I would be scared of wrecking the magic, but it is great to see that others are doing so. I especially like the comments about dance music being too compressed (p128), and I’m not sure whether the punters (in the UK particularly) just accept this compressed sound as radio is their main music source or whether it just makes it easier for the non-musician to pump out "so-call" dance music on a computer that sounds good. (BTW do you think that Reason has some sort of compression algorithm on their main output that is not present when you export the individual files? As I have found that when building up loops in Reason they always sound better than the exported files in Logic) Anyway, how many people (not jus asking Craig here) do you think will try to mix with this in mind? Peace, natty [img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/fk/butterfly.gif[/img]

Actually, Ernest's ideas have already influenced me quite a bit. I guess the first change was that I found a way to adjust maximizers that worked for me -- there's a real "sweet spot" that's very easy to overshoot or undershoot. I became much more aware of the dynamics in sections of the song, as opposed to looking at the song as a whole. I suppose that's obvious, but sometimes you just need a different perspective for things to click into place.

<> Okay -- the next tune will be posted on or about May 7th. It originally appeared on a DigiTech demo CD because I did so many harmonies on it with the Studio Vocalist. It's quite different from "What Are You Waiting For," it's downright pop-ish with a sort of "island" sound. I guess I'll have to compensate with something hardcore for the tune that goes up in late May/early June...! Thanks again for the responses. I'll keep you supplied with more stuff to listen to, just be aware that all the tunes are really quite different. I'm a music marketing person's nightmare .

Craig, Yuur tune has a very "schizophrenic" feel...have you been doing a bit too much Acid lately, Craig? Sounic Foundry's Acid that is... :D ...altough now, you probably stay inside Sonar2 for all that looping schizophrenia... :p

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

<> For loop-only tunes, Acid is still the best. But now that Sonar's avaiable, I've become addicted to fleshing out loops with MIDI and hard disk tracks. And now with ReWire, and Reason 2.0 coming out soon...ah, the mind boggles!!

Archived