Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moderator Spam: www.craiganderton.com

Is MY music any good? Find out here: http://www.craiganderton.com Okay, I realize I'm pointing to my music outside of the "Is Your Music Any Good?" folder, but hey, this is my fringe benefit for being moderator! Besides, a lot of you have asked if I could make my music more accessible, so here ya go. I'll be uploading new material every 2-4 weeks -- old stuff, new stuff, outside projects, soundtracks -- whatever seems appropriate. Enjoy!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironically, I've clicked on the one track listed "What Are You Waiting For?".. ... and I'm sitting here asking myself that, since my browser is apparently waiting for it as well. Tried it a couple of times... ?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

To answer some questions... Yes, that is me singing. The remix the Cologne Posse did is a lot more lo-fi. I can probably get permission to post that as well. I've dashed off an email to the webmaster asking why people are having a hard time downloading...could it be that y'all hit the site at the same time? Why not MP3.com? Because I wanted to make the tunes kind of exclusive, only for people such as SSS visitors and people who read my articles. I also wanted to give my web site some exercise :)

[img]http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/SusansTurkey.gif[/img] :wave: Hey Craig, you should know how we treat spammers around here! ;) Seriously, I'm glad to see your site is up and runnin' - I am looking forward to checking it out - but alas, it will have to wait a bit - I'm on my way to go pick up my new ADAM monitors. :love: :love: :love:

[quote]Originally posted by oliveloafe: [b]ya know, I always imagined you looking different.[/b][/quote]He does. That shot's about ten years old. He's much more handsome in that "distinguished and mature" kind of way these days. :D :D :D Love ya', Craig. Tune sounds awesome. - Jeff

Hey Craig, Very nice production. Would you be interested in "revving" up my tune? Sort of a Sealish sounding thing w/ THE WOODMAN (from EQ) on drums. Benefits to go to the Fibro Mylagia Foundation. What did you use to get your sounds? The only thing I wasn`t crazy about was the break around the 2 minute mark. I really liked the last "What are you waiting For..." For some reason, the track reminds me of an airport. I don`t know, go figure. :) Peace, Ernest

[quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b] [img]http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/SusansTurkey.gif[/img] :wave: Hey Craig, you should know how we treat spammers around here! ;) Seriously, I'm glad to see your site is up and runnin' - I am looking forward to checking it out - but alas, it will have to wait a bit - I'm on my way to go pick up my new ADAM monitors. [/b][/quote]GEEZ Phil. I gave you the flag guys, and now you figure that you can steal all my thunder!!! ;) :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]I am looking forward to checking it out - but alas, it will have to wait a bit - I'm on my way to go pick up my new ADAM monitors. :love: :love: :love: [/b][/quote]Oh, fine, Phil - just RUB IT IN!!! :D --Lee

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]I am looking forward to checking it out - but alas, it will have to wait a bit - I'm on my way to go pick up my new ADAM monitors. :love: :love: :love: [/b][/quote]Oh, fine, Phil - just RUB IT IN!!! :D --Lee[/b][/quote]Rub it in?!? Hell - I bet he's gonna roll around in it... :D :D

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b] [quote]Originally posted by oliveloafe: [b]ya know, I always imagined you looking different.[/b][/quote]He does. That shot's about ten years old. He's much more handsome in that "distinguished and mature" kind of way these days. :D :D :D Love ya', Craig. Tune sounds awesome. - Jeff[/b][/quote]Now where have I heard this tune before? :D Actually, I didn't know you were the singer. Nice, Mr.A!

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

..don't worry craig ,just keep trying you will get this whole music thing figured out one day.... JUST KIDDING.. no I love the tune, sounds great on the events (ps 6's) and I love the 80's feel LONG LIVE THE 80'S!!! Kevin Nemrava

<> That was almost all Ensoniq ASR-X, with Electrix Warp Factory for the weird vocal effects. Guitar was through a POD. The whole thing was recorded in Acid, then mixed through a DA7. << For some reason, the track reminds me of an airport. I don`t know, go figure.>> I wrote it right after doing some gigs in Germany. I had been flying around a LOT during that period, so if nothing else, you picked up some kind of vibe.

i finally got the damn thing downloaded....it kept timing out, timing out, timing out then after the fith try, i got it!!! and it was well worth it....good work Craig. :thu:
0096 2251 2110 8105

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]I am looking forward to checking it out - but alas, it will have to wait a bit - I'm on my way to go pick up my new ADAM monitors. :love: :love: :love: [/b][/quote]Oh, fine, Phil - just RUB IT IN!!! :D --Lee[/b][/quote]Oh Lee, my buddy Lee... It gets worse my friend. Remember those S2-A's you had - you know, the ones Steve Fortner had before you? They're sitting on my console overbridge as I type this, happily blaring out every nuance of my CD collection, one disk after another. Yeah, the EXACT same speakers. And you know what? I'm LOVING it! Sorry you don't have them, and I sure hope you can eventually get some, but these babys are staying RIGHT here! :D :love: :D :love:

[quote]Originally posted by franknputer: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]I am looking forward to checking it out - but alas, it will have to wait a bit - I'm on my way to go pick up my new ADAM monitors. :love: :love: :love: [/b][/quote]Oh, fine, Phil - just RUB IT IN!!! :D --Lee[/b][/quote]Rub it in?!? Hell - I bet he's gonna roll around in it... :D :D [/b][/quote]Well, if you INSIST... I get back from Dave Bryce's house, start soldering up some cables for the ADAM's, and my wife walks into the studio office with a nice big box - seems UPS came by the house today (I wasn't expecting them until Saturday at the earliest) and delivered my new Soundelux ELUX 251. So I guess you could say it has been a VERY good gear day! :D Rolling in it? Yeah, I'm rolling in it, and as happily as a "pig in sh!t, as my grandfather used to say. ;)

Well, I had a choice, get the 3's and hold off on a couple of other things for a little while, or get the 2's and get a couple of other things... can you believe it? I just got a $5K mic delivered today, and I have not even powered it up to listen to it yet. After hearing the 2's, I'm plenty happy. I don't need gobs of bass VOLUME, just to have it "tight" and "solid" and audible - which the 2's provide just fine. I'm doing "familiarization" on them right now - my favorite CD's, CD's I've worked on, etc. I start mixing on them on Saturday... The main difference between the 2's and 3's, IMO, is not the bass extension, but more the bass "volume" - the 2's seem to go as low for all intents and purposes, but they don't quite thunder down low as much as the 3's... and they're a bit quieter overall. Otherwise, pretty much the same thing. Tight. Articulate. Balanced F response. Incredible imaging. Non-fatigue inducing. ACCURATE!!! One day, sooner or later, I'll probably be forced, kicking and screaming, into the world of 5.1. At that point, three more S2-A's and a ADAM sub, and I'll be rockin' HARD. I can't see ever needing the 3's with a sub, and if I ever DO go 5.1, I'd have to have that sub. I guess it's ecconomics vs. benefits. If I wasn't happy with the 2's, I would DEFINITELY have gotten the 3's - $3K, $4K - what's the difference? If you're going to spend either amount, get what you want... why diddle around? For what I do, the 2's are more than I had ever dreamed they'd be. I'm very satisfied! Besides AJ, this way, I can still be just a touch jealous of your 3's! ;)

Archived