Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

No Credits??

Discovery Communications are planning on eliminating all credits on their TV programs. This ends a long standing tradition in the industry, and if Discovery goes through as planned, other networks will follow. http://apnews.excite.com/article/20020418/D7IVJM901.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not suprised by this. Thing have been moving towards this for quite a while. I often have a clause in my contract about how credits should read, now I'll have to add a fee for when they aren't shown. As if contracts aren't shitty enough to deal with.

[quote]Originally posted by pumpcat: [b]I wonder if they're going to use the extra time to extend the length of the program? Yeah, right! :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Haaaahhaaaaahhaaaaa!!! ROTFLMHO! "Yeah right" is right! They'll use the extra time for MORE COMMERCIALS! :rolleyes: :p :evil: :freak: :mad:

I almost never watch TV, so it always shocks me the odd time I turn it on and see what all the latest trends in TV are. One of the things I noticed recently was that the credits often seem to go by much faster than they ever did, to the point where you can't even read them. That seems pretty lame, so I guess the next "logical" step from there would be to eliminate them entirely, since people can't read them anyway. :rolleyes: There just never seem to be enough dumbasses in the world, apparently there's always room for more! --Lee

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]There just never seem to be enough dumbasses in the world, apparently there's always room for more![/b][/quote]Oh that's good. I like it. That should go on a plaque somewhere. :thu: [/b][/quote]well god must love dumbasses cause he sure made enough of them bob

I think the various unions should strike over this. All the people that take a part in creating do just that, create. And it's natural that an artist wants credit for his work. And every labor is an art form. I have a solution... They should just run a small frame at the bottom of the screen (like CNN, only a single strip) during the first segment. The time between the first segment and the first commercial break would be the best place anyway. Just expand the opening credits is all they have to do. It can start centered or whatever and shift down to the strip for the remainder. The first I noticed the technique of running one show into the next without a break, I thought they really hit on a good idea. (From the business viewpoint). This does keep you watching. I'm sure every network wants to switch to leading one show into the next. End credits are an obstacle to this. The folks who do the hard work should get a nod, though. So see my plan above. :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]There just never seem to be enough dumbasses in the world, apparently there's always room for more![/b][/quote]Oh that's good. I like it. That should go on a plaque somewhere. :thu: [/b][/quote]Your wish is my command... :D [img]http://franknputer.complexero.com/images/plaque.gif[/img] err...where's my server??? :mad:

Archived