Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS BASS HEAD

Last night at a party, I used another band's bass rig instead of hauling my own. The guy's head was fucking amazing, but he wasn't sure what it was. He thought that it was an ampeg, but it didn't look like any that I had ever seen. It had both a red and blue horizontal stripe across the botton of the control panel, and looked similar in shape to an Ampeg head, except that it was not as tall as most. There was a little white design near the ON/OFF switch, that kind of looked like a stylized @. (that's the circle A thing). The amp had a lot of controls on it, and istead of HIGH/MID/LOW, they were designated in frequencies. Anyways, if you have any idea what this may have been, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, good question. someone here will know it (or someone in "Low Down LowDown, the bass forum here). i used another band's amp once (boy, it's nice to just walk out with a bass and a cord huh?), that was called "[b]amp[/b]". i did a google search for it just now, but of course "amp bass amp" just gets bass amps. this one was about the size of a GK 400, and it did sound good.

That was an Ampeg. Might have been the new SVT Classic. Was it a stand alone head, or a rack mountable version?

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Archived