Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MIIDI INTERFACE/SOUND CARD

I have a 2000 PCI (w/o sound card), a Technics KN 5000 keyboard (with sounds and on board speakers), Alesis amp., Yamaha cassette mixer, and Tannoy SMB unpowered monitors. I want to do DAW projects and wish to plug in my keyboard and a mic for vocals. My budget is $ 300-400. I am not a techie and am stumped by interface/sound card requirements and all manner of inconclusive suggestions. I narrowed down my choices to the MIDIMAN Sportsman 2x2 interface, and the DUO ("great preamps"). MONA ("best value"), Audiophile 2496 ("does everything"), or the OMNI("Delta 44 or 66"). Yesterday, someone advised that the Tascam US 224 (interface, sound card, breakout box, USB") was the answer. I do not want to give up, but it is becoming undecipherable. If you cannot recommend one product, please advise which is the most user friendly and which gives the best bang for the buck. Which features are really necessary? Do I lose my ability to play the keyboard without turning on the computer if there is no "through switch"? Do they all have a through switch? ETC.? Thanks for the help.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get the Mona! I've used everything under the sun and the Mona is fantastic. Excellent preamps, the drivers rock, and it works with everything. Call Jim @ [url=http://www.studiocat.com]www.studiocat.com[/url] to get the best pricing on Echo hardware.

Archived