Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Songs that take you to a particular place...

"Ever had a song that upon hearing it immediately takes you back to an emotional place of sorts? I was reading some of the postings earlier about Glen Campbell...Hearing Witchita Lineman always replays the feelings I associate with losing my grandfather in the late sixties...walking around finding his footprints, etc. The song was on the radio alot then and the association is permanent. Kind of a sweet sadness. (This ain't meant to be a bummer topic!)It can be any feeling, really.

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah dude. i've got many. there was a song by Live that got very popular a few years back, around the time i lost my grandmother. it sent chills down my spine then, and it still does. i have to many to name that take me back to a happier time. a good 'builder-upper' song is "Morningstar" by AFI. towards the end, when they come in....man. i love it. well, i'm new to this board. :wave: does anyone know if there's a way i can seach for a band in my area? thanks. [email]punk_revival19@hotmail.com[/email]

yeah dude. i've got many. there was a song by Live that got very popular a few years back, around the time i lost my grandmother. it sent chills down my spine then, and it still does. i have to many to name that take me back to a happier time. a good 'builder-upper' song is "Morningstar" by AFI. towards the end, when they come in....man. i love it. well, i'm new to this board. :wave: does anyone know if there's a way i can seach for a band in my area? thanks. [email]punk_revival19@hotmail.com[/email]

When I hear Jackson Browne-Late For the Sky I always think of this house I lived in for a long time on Kenilworth Ave. So much happened there that it's hard to remember it all. There was a guy-me and there was a girl and there were bunny rabbits. Yes bunny rabbits, my girl friend raised rabbits and they were always getting loose. One day I drove up and I thought some one had put a little throw rug in the street. It was her best bunny smushed flat as a pancake. Late For the Sky I still love that tune and I play it too.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Hey man if you're gonna get choked up over something you should at least know who wrote it. :D That's a Harry Chapin song[/b][/quote]Doh! :eek: You're right! Oh well...all those smooth 70s singer-songwriter types blend in together, anyways... :p

Archived