Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]why people refer to themselves in the third person? It seems kind of egotistical..to The Wewus.[/b][/quote]The Rog wishes to know just what the hell a Wewus is :) I agree - the third person perspective is ego city. Unless it's used in a self-depreciating manner, then it's cool. Sadly, either self depreciation is a scarce commodity here or it doesn't translate very well onto the 'net.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

The Wewus was a name I got tagged with in highschool. Started out as Steverino became Steveawewe to SteveaWewus then just Wewus. A lot of people thought that was my last name. Hey there's Steve Wewus. I recently resurrected the name for the internet. It's goofy as hell but memorable.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]Great name! :) [/b][/quote]It is a great name. I like to just say "heywoowus" really fast over and over. I do it all day long. The pic is one i took with my buddy's Digital camera of an old tube mixer i picked up a while back. If you want to see a bigger shot just click on my profile. It's a fine peice of gear. Curve called me tonight actually and we had a bit of a chat. I think we understand each other a bit better now. I've been posting some stuff on ebay and working on the puter all night, It's super late and the Jimbo is hittin the sack. Goodnight all. :bor:

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]The Wewus was a name I got tagged with in highschool. Started out as Steverino became Steveawewe to SteveaWewus then just Wewus. A lot of people thought that was my last name. Hey there's Steve Wewus. I recently resurrected the name for the internet. It's goofy as hell but memorable.[/b][/quote]Dang... I had it in my mind that when you were a little kid you used to go around singing the Beatles "I Am the Wewus" and it stuck... :D --Lee

Well cu cu ca choo. In that song I thought the words were I am the eggman, ooh, I am the eggman,ooh, I am the Walrus but Dan South or was it Worley quoted it saying I am the apeman ohh etc. So which is it apeman or eggman? Hey Lee I grew up in Atlanta, in Brookhaven and Tucker area, have you been there? That Walrus thing gives me an idea for a topic, words to songs you misheard, coming to forum near you. Remember that Creedence song" Whoa ho sucking on an old tire".

ROFL! Well, it's "The Eggman"... which was Eric Burdon of the Animals' nickname so that's how it got into Lennon's head... And yep, I live in Doraville, a stone's throw from Brookhaven and Tucker. Just played a gig in Tucker a couple of weeks ago and have several friends who live there. Brookhaven is/was really cool, but is slowly losing its character and has gotten way too expensive due to developers trying to make it into another Buckhead (that's the playground of the rich that is right next to it). Misheard lyrics to songs: ever see any of the "'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy" books? Hilarious! There's also a web site, http://www.kissthisguy.com . But you really should check the books out cuz the illustrations are priceless. --Lee

Small world, my grandmother lived on Matthews street in Brookhaven all her life. My aunt lives in Doraville near Henderson Mill high school. I guess every one that lives in Doraville is required to learn and sing the hit by the Atlanta Rhythm Section. Hey Lee what kind of electric 12 string is that you play? That's one instrument I've never owned but always wanted.

Ah, so that's where Wewus comes from. I gotta admit though, there's a couple of names here that I often think of wrong. Not disrespectfully, but wrong nonetheless. Wewus often gets shortened in my mind to Wuss, I don't know why. Probably because it's easier to say and doesn't sound like something Pontius Pilate from Montry Python's Life Of Briuan would say. "Fwee Woja" "Fwee Wodewick" "Fwee Wewus" See it fits :-) -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

• 2 months later...

Archived