Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I was going to post right after C last night but I figured that honour belonged to the long timers here. The Tedster is a class act and also a master of dialects and dialogue, here's a reply he gave when I asked if organized crime was involved in music: A very reputable music businessman named Vinnie "da Snake" Gambino told me: "Organized crime? What is organized crime? I don't know nuttin' 'bout no organized crime. I'm a legitimate businessman. See? Lookat dis suit. Ain't it pretty? Cost me 5 Gs. You gotta look dis way if youse gonna be a businessman. Now get ya ass outta heah before youse gets hoyt. I got 'clientele' to meet wit. Like dat new singing group. Any of dose record stores dat don't carry dere record bettah have good insurance, youknowwuddimean?" That is so dead on and just a small indication of his talent. I bet he can talk the different voices too. Most musicians are for some reason also great impersonators. If you haven't, try it yourself, you're a lot better at it than the average person. Hey T are you near Overland Park my uncle was the mayor out there in late 70's early 80's?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats, Ted! My measley almost 500 is eclisped by your greatness. Are you serious about coming to the Philly area? I live just outside Philly nad would love to meet you and Curve if you're gonna get together and rip it up. I'll bring the Columbian! ;) Well, let me know!
I really don't know what to put here.

Damn, this thread started at about the same time as I went to bed. Damn, go to sleep and miss all the fun! Yo Tedster, we've only belly bumped into each other occasionally on these boards, but you're still like a weird old uncle to me. Congrats on the 5K and here's hoping for more of the same. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Was gonna say... I went to bed kinda early and look what I missed! CONGRATS Ted! And I have to join everybody in saying you are about the most good natured cool dude around these forums. I have yet to see anybody's bad attitude really piss you off (except maybe the terrorists, but that's a whole other story) and you always seem to know what to say in any situation. We all have a lot to learn from you. You rock! Here's to another 5K, and happy birthday too! :) --Lee

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Sylver: [b] I live just outside Philly nad [/b][/quote]I've heard it called a few things before but NEVER philly nad !! :D :D [/b][/quote]LMAO, my typing sucks when I haven't had enough coffee yet!

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b]Hey Everyone, I live in Horse Balls, Penn !! too funny!! That's alright. OXNARD is a community about 50 miles north of me. You can be sure it takes a beating.[/b][/quote]That's so funny. My Dad always calls where we live, Oxnard. But right up the road from us, the towns are Paridise, Blue Ball, Bird in Hand, and the ever popular Intercourse, PA. I kid you not.

HOLY GEEZ (OWWWWWWWW...pauses a moment to cradle aching head in hands)...I've turned into the guest of honor at a Dean Martin roast! I'm seriously flattered, folks! I love ya all! I'm gonna nurse this hangover and have some breakfast. Have young guitar learners coming over this afternoon, so will yak atcha later this evening... OWWWW...(smiles) hair of the dog that bit me...mmmmm....
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey Tedster !!!! Congrats !! You are the man, the myth, the legend !!! A big part of the character of this board (and isn't that a risky word to describe it). Always enjoy your work here. Have a beer on me !! Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

hey Tedster....here's to you - (monday afternoon beer) i'm gonna knock back a few brews to chase away the monday blues... congrat's Tedster :thu: and you too Alpha....on 6k that is :thu:
0096 2251 2110 8105

Yes, congrats Alpha!... And...I just got done finishing a harrowing night of (bum bum BUMMMM) (heavy reverb) GUITAR LESSONS... I'm needing a rum and cok...er, Diet Pepsi Twist... or two. or three... Thanks all, for making it a great parta-ayyy!

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b]Tedster is always the first to welcome newbies in. He sets a good tone and makes them feel wanted and important [/b][/quote]Good point, 10 pts. to Ted...

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

See what happens when your server crashes? I've missed all kind of stuff over the past few days, including significant milestones such as Tedster's. You are an irreplaceable resource, a welcoming soul, and a sterling source of mirth, sir. Here's to the future.

Shucks, Duke.. I'm not sure about the record hailstone. I have seen some tennis-ball size hail here in Kansas City. Technically, the definition of severe weather is 3/4" hail and/or 55 kt gusts. The presence of a tornado also qualifies. Hail size is directly related to the strength of the updraft in the storm. On a lighter note...I've seen some funny bloopers. One forecaster meant to write "Marble sized hail" but it came out "Mable sized hail" and Mable's a big woman, y'know :D :D Another forecaster meant to write "pea sized hail" but wrote "pie sized hail". And thanks to all of you...(raises coffee cup). I'm beered and rummed out for a day or so... :D

Congrats, Tedster, and thanks for both the level-headed posts AND the laughs! Do you prefer brunettes, [img]http://www.fredsmusic.com/images/.gretsch/greg3141_blk.jpg[/img] redheads, [img]http://www.fredsmusic.com/images/.gretsch/greg3140.jpg[/img] or dirty blondes? [img]http://www.fredsmusic.com/images/.gretsch/greg3110_tbs.jpg[/img]

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Phil, you need a Jewish Grandma. Okay, so your name is O'Keefe...nothing that says your Mom's maiden name coulda been Goldstein. You'd be feeling better in no time. Get better soon!!!

My PC is in the shop, disk drive was going bad. Backed up all the important stuff; then brought it for service (under warranty). Then the old PC would connect to AOL; but couldn't get to any website outside of AOL servers. AOL tech support: try this. did it work? no, try that. did it work? no, then try this here thing. Hours later, things are working. Pickup new PC tomorrow morning; will install Windows XP before putting personal software and data back on it. So I'm a little late; but, Congrats to the wordmeister, Ted!! If Congress decides to charge for posting on boards instead of emails, Ted can eliminate the national debt and support Social Security!
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Day 3 Tedster's Party [img]http://www.liketelevision.com/web1/classictv/dragnet/dragjoe1.jpg[/img] My partner and I were called down to a seedy hotel in the shady part of town to investigate reports of a loud party and complaints of disturbing the peace. Upon entering the room we discovered a scene we won't soon forget. [img]http://www.geocities.com/jolietjake/ahpics/zit411.jpg[/img] We stared in disbelief at the chaos all around us and wondered where the adult supervision was....... Then we realized the awful truth. These were adults. Things were getting ugly fast. My partner called for backup.................

Archived