Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One Little Victory

The song "One Little Victory" from the upcoming RUSH album "Vapor Trails" is available [url=http://www.rushstop.com/onevictory.mp3]HERE[/url] for download. The CD is due to be released on May 21'st.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ted, I wish I could say I was really psyched about it. The fact is that their last 3 albums have been pretty weak IMO. This will be their 17'th studio album, which is a pretty amazing feat in this age of throw away bands. I guess it's more like visiting an old friend that you haven't seen in a few years.

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [b]The song "One Little Victory" from the upcoming RUSH album "Vapor Trails" is available [url=http://www.rushstop.com/onevictory.mp3]HERE[/url] for download. The CD is due to be released on May 21'st.[/b][/quote]Not to bunch your panties or anything :eek: but that's just a very average tune. I have no idea if you are affiliated with them in any way & really don't care. From what music I've heard of yours, via your links, I like it one hell of a lot better :thu: and would listen to, and buy your stuff rather than what I just listened to. Hell I'm not, in any way shape or form, a heavy rock kinda guy but I'll listen to my son's music before that. Rush can rest assured they won't be getting any of my money.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Dak, I don't wear panties :eek: No, I am not affiliated with Rush, I'm just a long time fan. I thought maybe there may be more freaks like me who would like to check out the link. Thanks for the compliments on my music. I appreciate it :D And yes, I'm sure that Rush rests quite assured :)

Thanks Khan!. I heard this was out, but hadn't heard the song yet. I'm a HUGE Rush fan, seen them 7 times, and they are great live. I know a lot of people that like there earlier stuff tend not to like the newer albums, but what occurs to me about Rush is that they constantly strive to redifine themselves. I usually try to give a new allbum the benfit of the doubt, and let iit sink in before making judgment on it. It tends to grow on me, no matter what my first impression. I appreciate that they are trying to do something a little different everytime instead oof putting out aan aalbum that sounds like "Rush". A good examplle of a band that does that is AC/DC. Every album after Back in Black sounds the same to me. Little or no musical growth. My knee jerk reaction? I liked this song. Different, and compelling. Wish I could hear the lyrics better, though.
I really don't know what to put here.

Three more (partial songs) downloadable [url=http://www.fctvplus.net/~credo42/]HERE[/url] . The links are down towards the bottom of the page. :wave: :wave: :wave:

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [b]Dak, I don't wear panties :eek: [/b][/quote]Dak, you have obviously confused the mighty Khan with Dan South: [quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]I have a fetish for women's lingerie.[/b][/quote]He went into considerable detail about it. I'm not making this up - that is a DIRECT QUOTE! hahahahaha Dan - you KNEW you'd get quoted out of context on this, didn't you? I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity. Call it "payback" for "getting" me with your 4/1 joke. Dak, Khan, thanks for the perfect setup. I owe you - one pair of panties each - who wanted the lace, and who gets the silk? :eek: :freak: :D

[quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]Dak, Khan, thanks for the perfect setup. I owe you - one pair of panties each - who wanted the lace, and who gets the silk? :eek: :freak: :D [/b][/quote]If you can deliver them while being worn by Mira Sorvino, then I really don't have a preference... :eek: :eek: :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [b]Ted, I wish I could say I was really psyched about it. The fact is that their last 3 albums have been pretty weak IMO. This [/b][/quote]I'd have to agree. I cut my teeth on RUSH. I loved their 70's stuff, and their 80's stuff too. I personally think that their best album -beginning to end- was Grace Under Pressure. But they stopped innovating in the 90's. The material they've released just can't stack up against songs like Freewill, or Subdivisions, or Red Lenses, or Force Ten -I could go on and on. It's bitter sweet for me to see them release a new album, because my immidiate reaction is "Cool!!", but then I am also fearfull that I'll listen to it once and never play it again -and that bums me out. :cry:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]Dak, Khan, thanks for the perfect setup. I owe you - one pair of panties each - who wanted the lace, and who gets the silk? :eek: :freak: :D [/b][/quote]No sweat, Glad to be able to help a fellow LoCal out. Just forward the panties to Dan. :D

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

I'm a huge Rush fan, but I wasn't crazy about the tune either. That said, I'm eagerly awaiting the new album and am willing to let it grow on me. One thing I'm intrigued with is hearing the development musically and lyrically following Pearts fairly recent tragidies. I liked most everything pre-1990... Liked Presto, but liked very little on the thin-sounding Roll the Bones. Counterparts had great sounds, but mixed bag on the songs. Test for Echo was another mixed bag, a few truly inspired moments, but an awful lot that sounded tired to me. Lee's solo album was okay I thought... Lifeson is a very clever guitarist, but I didn't care for Victor... I enjoyed Peart's philisophical approach on his instruction videos. Smart guys... Maybe too smart for hard rock. Dembones

It's got to be tough to come up with anything fresh on your 17th album. when they were young and hungry, it was a beautiful thing! :D :D :D ...shut up Lee ;) [i]"When they turn the pages of history When these days have passed long ago Will they read of us with sadness For the seeds that we let grow"[/i]

Archived