Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with live setup--My racks must die!!

I need help deciding how to rearrange my live show so that I can set up quickly and efficiently. What I do right now is record my original songs in Cubase, then later, I dump the MIDI tracks to a sequencer, a sampler, a big rack of keyboards, and so on. (Some background vocals, loops, etc. are transferred to my Triton and Roland samplers.) It's just that carrying this enormous rack is getting increasingly difficult and cumbersome, and my mix gets all screwed up each night because I have so many keyboards going, so many samplers, etc. I'd like to find a single recording device (Minidisc? Roland V-series?) where I can dump all the keyboards down to one track, the bass down to another track, the percussion down to another, and the background vocals down to another track. I also need this device to drive my sequencer with a click track or MTC or something, so that I can have my lights programmed. Thanks again for your input!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roland SP-808 8 track recorder... 64 banks of 16 pads of sampling... Holds 1 hour of stuff on a 100 meg zipdisk... 200 boss guitar pedal effects onboard... Light beam can control filters, fire 2 different samples, send control midi out, used as theramin or used to affect pitch... Midi in/out.. Weighs about 4 pounds... Its also got a great moog style analog synth with its own little sequencer. Its got 4 line inputs, 1 mic pre(good and crappy), spdif in and out, and 8 outputs... Get one used for $800.00... Hope that helps..

Emre Cords-Emre Chords-Em Records

www.twistedpairsound.com

Archived