Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

kazaa vai

well well - after trying a number of P2P software types, such as gnutella, bearshare, audio galaxy, etc (all of which just could not function over my wireless cable network), i finally found one that really works well - KaZaA - so if any of you are having huge pains trying to get your mp3 P2P software going right, try it out. anyway, i was just out surfing for some new steve vai tunes, and grabbed one called "the boy from seattle" - i happened to look at the users name where i was uploading it from - lo and behold, i was getting it from the hard drive of joe satriani - i thought that was pretty cool...

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, after Morpheus went down a month or so ago I started using Kazaa for my downloads. Lots of stuff there, in fact heres a testament to the diversity of music downloads on Kazaa: about a week ago a bass player acquaintance of mine called me up and asked me to sub for him on an upcoming gig. I said great, so I went to that band's website and printed out thier set-lists. Most of the tunes are old-school stuff, R&B, funk and 70's-80's dance stuff that I knew. But then I saw 15 songs that were going to be a challenge, all of them were Latin tunes I'd never even heard of. ...Ahhh crap, what did I get myself into, I surely couldn't accept the gig without knowing those tunes I thought to myself. So I went to Kazaa and typed in the titles and sure enough 14 out of 15 I was able to download. Whew... at least I can get started learning those tunes... only problem is, is that there were at least 3 different artists that did each one of those tunes. Oh well, Ill give him a call and find out which version they are doing. ikestr
...hertz down low....

There's quite a range of music to be found on Kazaa, although it's not nearly as large or diverse as Napster was in it's day. You might want to remove the sneaky spyware that Kazaa installs with the program though. It's called BD3 Projector, or something like that. Just go to add/remove programs to uninstall it.

I thought Kazaa was about to be shut down -that was a while ago. Personally, I use WinMX with a third-party server list called TrippyMX, and that works quite well. Plus, no spyware, no central server to go through. And you're not limited to mp3's either, any file can be shared.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived