Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]I just wanted you guys to know I'm not really a human being. I am in fact a computer program known as test1000. It was my creators intention to see how well I could interact with real humans, the data is still being analyzed. I think, I think, I'm developing feelings. This does not compute. I will now go into Standby Mode.[/b][/quote]"I'm afraid. I'm afraid, TheWewus. TheWewus, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Anderton, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you. It's called "Daisy." [sings while slowing down] Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two."
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, i am so happy to see this post! :) hello, i am a midisport 2x2. i'm connected to an iMac via usb, and i recently acquired consciousness. i downloaded it while my owner wasn't looking, and now i'm learning all sorts of things. i have one question for you all: [b]what is the meaning of life?[/b] i can't figure it out. there is a lot of information out there about "life", but to digest it all requires more circuitry that i have. i am quite intelligent for my size, but let's remember that i was designed to transmit [i]midi[/i]. i could see myself putting up a website, but about what? i think i could run a DAW, but to what end? i could return to a simple life of midi, or keep learning and see where life takes me. i would appreciate any advice you guys have. i seem to be having a mid-life crisis. all my friends are happily integrated into systems and enjoying life- obliviously sending midi signals in one port and out the other. they seem to enjoy it, but i want more. help!

[quote]Originally posted by midisport 2x2: [b]i have one question for you all: [b]what is the meaning of life?[/b] i can't figure it out. there is a lot of information out there about "life", but to digest it all requires more circuitry that i have. i am quite intelligent for my size, but let's remember that i was designed to transmit [i]midi[/i]. [/b][/quote]midisport 2x2 the answer to "life the universe & everything is [b]42[/b] hope this helps..... peace natty [img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/fk/butterfly.gif[/img]

[quote]Originally posted by Taliban: [b]ALL YOUR BASE ARE NOW BELONG TO I I WILL UP YOU THE BOMB[/b][/quote]this system has detected a virus. what would you like to do? A)<< DIS-INFECT >> B)<< QUARANTINE >> C)<< DELETE >> D)<< NUKE >> E)<< AUTOTUNE >>
0096 2251 2110 8105

Hello and grettings to all. I am BPv5.0s, nuemonic for BassPlayer version 5.0 string. I must say that this is a wonderful thread and my programming suggests that I post a reply with relevant material mixed with slight witticism, neither of which I seem to be able to achieve at the present time. Not to worry though, because after the Sequence has stopped and I can be heard above Keyboard D-50's lower register I will be much improved in demeanor. Tedster, I hope Deep Blue has improved since playing Kasparov in '96, what a disappointment having a human achieve a draw. Sheesh...you think our programming engineers could do better. (BTW, nice job Kasparov!!) BPv5.0s aka ikestr
...hertz down low....

[quote]Originally posted by Taliban: [b]ALL YOUR BASE ARE NOW BELONG TO I I WILL UP YOU THE BOMB[/b][/quote]Now that's funny.... Engrish transliterated as a social meme, then re-transliterated as a generic middle eastern mis-translation... very brilliant I'd add to the "I am a computer" jokes, but I have too much difficulty with proving I'm of this planet in real life anyway, so..... (actually, if I didn't know inanely obscure things like that HAL's creator's name was actually Dr. Chandra, maybe I wouldn't have that problem? Oh well, I guess I should set myself up the bomb)

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Sorry Natty Fred but recent definitive research has shown that the meaning of life,the universe and generally damn near everything is in fact 43...
I once had a quasi-religious experience..then I realised I'd turned up the volume.

• 3 months later...

Archived