Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What the hell happened to Paul Gallo?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Word on the street is right. Paul's gone into...uh...retirement. :( Big comfy chair has been filled. I left a phone message for you about this, cause I don't know that I want to be the Weekly World News of musicplayer.com. - Jeff

l-e-t m-e s-e-e i-f I c-a-n c-o-n-n-e-c-t t-h-e d-o-t-s..... The big cheeze of UME's (I wonder what company could that be?) [quote] Entertainment Technology Group President/CEO Paul Gallo, pgallo@uemedia.com [/quote]w-a-s f-o-r-c-e-d t-o w-a-l-k t-h-e p-l-a-n-k....? Hey don't sue me. I'm just thinking out loud. NYC Drew

Hmmm - a shakeup at the top. Interesting. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I didn't know Mr Gallo, or really anything about him... But I do enjoy the forums here. One question that has come up from time to time is "changes" around here. Craig had a thread where he asked a bunch of questions about the future of SSS and threw out several hypothetical situations - including it being moved somewhere else, becoming a user paid / subscription thing, etc. It seems that the moderator involvement has dropped WAY off in the past few months. Is that due to organizational policies (paying them less?) or other factors? I sure don't know... I know Craig has been busy with other things... I come here for what the site has to offer - which, to me, is more than just "the famous moderators", but I've always thought that there were a lot of people who would be less inclined to come if the moderators were less involved. I wonder if the activity level has dropped off here since the moderator participation has dropped... Sure, the whole Dot Com thing crashed an burned, and yet musicplayer.com has survived. I imagine that good sponsors are hard to get... and without the $$, it's hard to lure high quality / world famous "talent" to the boards as moderators. But you know, it takes $$ to make $$. And if the moderators are indeed a major factor to increased traffic here, then they're going to have to bite the bullet and pay them if they want the numbers to go up. I STILL prefer musicplayer over any other audio related newsgroup or forums, but there is competition. Maybe Paul's replacement will have some different thoughts and ideas pertaining to the future of this site, and it will be interesting to see where things lead. [img]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/navigator/usa.gif[/img] Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

Archived