Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hi all, i am new here and a novice with a problem can you give me some suggestions on where to find a mp3 converter to take files from my mad g4 with a motu 828 to my lacie firewire cdrw. this might be the dumbest question ever but i would like to transfer my files to cd and i dont know how to do it. i am using roxio toast lite. i really need help and motu has yet to return any emails

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by gstuart@blvl.igs.net: [b]hi all, i am new here and a novice with a problem can you give me some suggestions on where to find a mp3 converter to take files from my mad g4 with a motu 828 to my lacie firewire cdrw. this might be the dumbest question ever but i would like to transfer my files to cd and i dont know how to do it. i am using roxio toast lite. i really need help and motu has yet to return any emails[/b][/quote]Okay, you have a Mac G4, a MOTU 828, and an external Firewire hard drive, right? And you have recorded some music into this setup using some sort of software. What I need to know is: (a) what software did you use for recording? (b) is the music in multitrack form, or is it mixed down to a stereo .WAV or .AIFF file? If it's in multitrack form, you're stuck until you mix it down. If you just want to put it onto a CD, you should be able to do that once you've mixed it to a stereo WAV file. You do NOT need to convert the music to MP3 form to put it onto a CD. MP3 conversion will decrease the size of your WAV file, so you can get MORE songs onto a single CD, but you're losing quality. Also, a CD that contains MP3 files will NOT play in most CD players. Please give us a little more information about the music files that you're trying to burn to CD (i.e. respond to the questions above) and we'll try to get you going.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived