Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GIRL 'interactive dub mixer' -WOAH this came in under the radar...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the site: [quote][b] Girl is based on a simple idea. Using a library of sound files in the "Sounds" folder, you can select any sound from any folder in the "Sounds" folder, and load it into a GirlModule, which will continuously loop the sound. Within a module you can modify the sound file using the effects and by looping smaller parts of the sound file. You can open any number of these modules, limited only by the amount of RAM and the power of your computer's processor. The modules can be treated individually, or the playback speeds of the loops can all be synchronized to a tempo.[/b][/quote]Don't know why they would make it "girly" - if it was a really rockin' piece of software (which it may be - ?) why tag it with something that's going to alienate people? (Would women be turned off by software that is 'manly'?) :rolleyes:

[quote] Don't know why they would make it "girly" - if it was a really rockin' piece of software (which it may be - ?) why tag it with something that's going to alienate people? (Would women be turned off by software that is 'manly'?) [/quote]And what's wrong with the name? You have a problem with a Barbie interface, or assume it'll turn off people? You insecure about your manhood? Maybe it was written by a chick. I think it looks cool, and I bet I could whup yer ass too. :)

[quote]Originally posted by gratte: [b]And what's wrong with the name? You have a problem with a Barbie interface, or assume it'll turn off people? You insecure about your manhood? Maybe it was written by a chick. I think it looks cool, and I bet I could whup yer ass too. :) [/b][/quote]Heh heh - maybe. :D My point was that yes, it will turn off some people - and so, what's the point? Is this supposed to be aimed at girls? (Not all girls like Barbie, either...) If it's good software, why does it need pastel swirlies to make it stand out? BTW - I have no problem with my manhood - I don't use it to work on the computer, tho... :eek:

Archived