Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

States of the Union

Ok you people done peesed me off talking about Nouth Cerolina like that, so I'm a gonna take you down state by state. California-Land of Fruits and Nuts Texas- The Vast Wasteland State my neighbor South Carolina-The Pothole State Shall I go on?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Jersey - You get in for free, but have to pay to get out. or New Jersey - the most densely populated state in the US yet no one lives in the south portion... and to be self-defacating, DC: We're more liberal politically than Massachusetts but fuck if we can't keep our city jumping past rush hour!

Pennsylvania-Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, Alabama in between....

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

[quote]Originally posted by MusicWorkz: [b]Pennsylvania-Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, Alabama in between....[/b][/quote]LMAO, that's pretty funny! Hey, wait a minute ...
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b] my neighbor South Carolina-The Pothole State [/b][/quote]South Carolina? Potholes?? You don't get up North in the winter much, do ya? :D New Jersey - Call it the Traffic State, the Lawsuit State, the Superfund State, the Mafioso State, or the Oh My God They Fold Their Pizza Here State. Just don't call it the Garden State. I've been here for fifteen years, and I have yet to see a garden.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Hey Dan: Yeah you can switch The Pothole State to Conn. if you want to. You're right I don't go North much in the winter. You think I'm crazy? Really where are the Gardens in New Jersey? Damn I can't think of any more state mottos that aren't bad stereotypes. ex.-Rhode Island-We're Here,We're Queer, get over it.

My good buddy Dennis Johnson wrote: "What a wonderful sight When you finally take flight. Grand Forks water tower Just a speck in the mirror..." Oofdah! Coaster, that should hit pretty close to home, eh? Yah! Youbetcha!

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b] [quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b] my neighbor South Carolina-The Pothole State [/b][/quote]South Carolina? Potholes?? You don't get up North in the winter much, do ya? :D New Jersey - Call it the Traffic State, the Lawsuit State, the Superfund State, the Mafioso State, or the Oh My God They Fold Their Pizza Here State. Just don't call it the Garden State. I've been here for fifteen years, and I have yet to see a garden.[/b][/quote]New Jersey Mottos - Home of the worst drivers and the dirtiest beaches in the world. Come see our sparkling brown and gray water! - If you can't figure out our traffic circles, just pay the toll and go home. Strip Mall capitol of the world! New Jersey - The reason that NYC is a nicer city at night. New Jersey's state bird - The mosquito. "You from Jersey? Hey, me too! What exit?" Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's the state other than my own that I know the most about. Jack
I really don't know what to put here.

Ever hear John Gorka's "I'm From New Jersey"? "I'm from New Jersey It's like Ohio But even more so" Montana - Best be removing the PETA bumper sticker before entering Texas - Don't mess with Texas; we can do it just fine on our own New Jersey - We make Delaware look healthy Delaware - At least we're not New Jersey

• 11 months later...
Ya know it's funny Rowan, how much alike the people on this forum are. We've got people from Australia, Europe, Japan, Central America, South America, North America, and points inbetween, and they all speak English. You for instance, seem to speak English, amazingly well. It makes me feel like I should learn to speak another language better. Care to give Australian lessons?

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Ya know it's funny Rowan, how much alike the people on this forum are. We've got people from Australia, Europe, Japan, Central America, South America, North America, and points inbetween, and they all speak English. You for instance, seem to speak English, amazingly well. It makes me feel like I should learn to speak another language better. Care to give Australian lessons?[/b][/quote]I can teach ya mate,maybe sometime when we have a barby.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Oregon - rain, rain and more rain. California - fruits, nuts, and the thistle capitol of the world. Washington State - Home of Patty Murray, the Bin Ladin fan club president. New York - the center of the universe. Florida - maybe when I'm old. Kansas - a state you have to drive through to get anywhere else. Montana - hammer down, no smokies.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Archived