Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

humanoids and good music in North Carolina

Where can a humble humanoid life-form, like myself, seek out good live music and assimilate with other indigenous musical persons in the Elizabeth City/Albermarle area of NC? I have made many visits but have yet to expereince any live music (of any sorts) other than generic popular Christian church music which, as you all know can be too sugary.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man I wish I could help you out, I'm mid state but I know a lot of folks from the Greenville area. Go onto the East Carolina Campus and yell-BOOGIE-and see what happens. If I talk to anyone down there I'll ask them about the music scene. I guess you know you're near the Outer Banks there. Have you been up to Nags Head-Kill Devil Hills-Kitty Hawk area. That's the home of the worlds largest sand dune. Damn I can't remember what they call that thing but it's 600 ft high and worth seeing. We mostly have house partys up there so I don't really know about the bar-music scene. Anyway the Outer Banks is a beatiful place. Geeez I'm starting to feel like a travel agent, matter of fact I have a good friend who is a travel agent if you need any help with airline tickets and such. I hope you enjoy you're time in North Carolina, we ain't all a bunch of dumb ass hicks. Yee-haw!

The best places to see music in the Greenville area are the Attic, and Wrongway Corrigan's. There are other venues, but they are smaller in size and therefore can be kind of crowded for the band and the patrons. The music scene here is constantly changing because of the influx of musicians attending the university. East Carolina University has 18,000 enrolled and is the 3rd largest in the state, (I think). I have a band here called The Agents of Smith. We just started booking shows (we were in the studio forever) and because there are not many places to play here we have to travel. Last weekend we were in Salem VA. which is about a 4 1/2 hour drive for us, we are doing Baltimore in a few weeks. If you are interested in coming down here, drop me a line and I can give you the inside scoop. Later, Kev [url=http://www.theagentsofsmith.com]The Agents of Smith Homepage[/url]

Archived