Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

John Hartford and the PBS special

I caught it the other night, killer show, had the mic's setup like the old days of the Ryman, people stepping up to sing or solo.....absolutely killer. The Cox Family was my fave, excellent.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b]I caught it the other night, killer show, had the mic's setup like the old days of the Ryman, people stepping up to sing or solo.....absolutely killer. The Cox Family was my fave, excellent.[/b][/quote]Is your PBS station doing fundraising now? Ours is. Couple of nights ago, had a BeeGees biography and also a concert. I never knew they wrote so many hits for other artists. Interesting bio. Jeez, they sold a shitload of records. They say they have major projects underway now.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

[quote]Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc: [b]Damn...I'm really sorry I missed that...I'll keep an eye out for it, maybe they'll run it again or I can find a video somewhere.[/b][/quote]The video of the performance is out...I'm lookin for it as well.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Yeah all the public radio/tv stations are doing pledge drives, sad that our government won't foot the bill for something as important as this.

[quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b]Yeah all the public radio/tv stations are doing pledge drives, sad that our government won't foot the bill for something as important as this.[/b][/quote]All the public stations around the country are on a huge push for money right now. The FCC won't relent in their demands for stations to switch to digital and the public stations are having a tough time. Channel 13 in NYC had done this but then lost their tower on 9/11. Now they have to do it again and are in desperate need of money. So, buy those real cool carry bags they offer so we can still get some good TV produced and aired. That's my little soapbox announcement for the day :thu:

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Archived